HOLY MARKET

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ahhh - human error > > she entered ‘B’ instead of ‘M’ citi u are talking abt? it’s embarrassing if that’s true

CNBC reports: Trading error at Major Firm Blamed for Market Plunge …

itstoohot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mar350 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ahhh - human error > > > > she entered ‘B’ instead of ‘M’ > > citi u are talking abt? it’s embarrassing if > that’s true yeah, apparently she was spending too much time on some message board trying to figure out if it was worth changing her name or not

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > itstoohot Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mar350 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > ahhh - human error > > > > > > she entered ‘B’ instead of ‘M’ > > > > citi u are talking abt? it’s embarrassing if > > that’s true > > > yeah, apparently she was spending too much time on > some message board trying to figure out if it was > worth changing her name or not hahahaha, actually it’s more embarrassing for IT departments of the banks if the traders and head of the trading desks don’t get multiple warning messages before the trader hits the button

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I had been mostly cash lately and had been mulling > “short market” “long gold” “long TIPS”. I couldn’t be more on the other side of those bets if we had coordinated it. Shorting was a good idea yesterday, maybe still is. Gold and TIPS though? Gold and TIPS you’re about 18 months late. Especially TIPS. Demand for inflation protection drove them up last year and actual inflation is still 12-24 months aways. TIPS aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

TRADE WARS! *sits down with a bag of popcorn*

hahahaha - cnbc said its citi…

Heard dude at citi tried to sell 16 mm emini’s but accidentally sold 16 billion.

what is emini’s?

So a trader entered B for billion instead of M for million. So they have absolutely no controls in place to prevent such errors?? Are we to believe this BS story??

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what is emini’s? They’re mini-future on the indexes.

A human trading error at a major firm was the root cause of Thursday’s sudden, 9 percent selloff in U.S. stocks, sources told CNBC. Multiple sources said a trader entered the letter “b”—as in “billion”—when he or she meant to type “m,” for “million,” shortly before 2:47 p.m. New York time. U.S. stocks plunged suddenly, briefly by more than 9 percent, before pulling back to a near 3 percent drop, as investor worries mounted that Greece’s debt problems could spread. The New York Stock Exchange reported there were no computer glitches in its systems Thursday. Separately, Nasdaq said it was working with other major markets to review the market activity that occurred between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. © 2010 CNBC.com

Anyone have trouble accessing Bloomberg in the last 2 hours?

Made a mint again buying puts… I told you so Never bet against Timotimo…

If the human error story is true, some highly leveraged traders must have made out like bandits today while others may be comtemplating jumping out of a window right now.

What about AAPL? Their stock fell over 20% as well. Was this trader tripping?

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What about AAPL? Their stock fell over 20% as > well. Was this trader tripping? All my puts are now ITM, I called this anyone who followed would have made amazing returns.

rumor has it Paulson lost $400MM in last couple days

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Chuckrox8 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What about AAPL? Their stock fell over 20% as > > well. Was this trader tripping? > > > All my puts are now ITM, I called this anyone who > followed would have made amazing returns. What was your % return, if I may ask?

Well you got your volume today.