Hotel: Marathon Study Weekend - April 10,11,12

lets do this - - keep strong - - pay the price this weekend, remain steadfast: Hotel MSW __________________________________________________________________ Tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes. Therefore, give yourself fully to your endeavors. Decide to construct your character through excellent actions, and determine to pay the price for a worthy goal. The trials you encounter will introduce you to your strengths. Remain steadfast… and one day you will build something that endures, something worthy of your potential. — Epictetus, Roman teacher and philosopher (55 – 135 A.D.)

I’ll be wastin’ away again, in CFAitaville! Searching for my lost BAII Plus!

i cant believe you made it this far without the BAII plus… I carry mine around in my pocket at all times, even have a plastic bag forit to stay in for shower time. Just in case anyone asks me to discount some cash flows during the day

…some people say that it’s Schweser to blame, but I know…it’s my own damn fault!

going to a bachelor party this weekend fellas, so no studying whatsoever for me, but a much-needed break nonetheless.

i am fearing alpha

philip.platt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lets do this - - keep strong - - pay the price > this weekend, remain steadfast: Hotel MSW > > __________________________________________________ > ________________ > > > Tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes. > Therefore, give yourself fully to your endeavors. > Decide to construct your character through > excellent actions, and determine to pay the price > for a worthy goal. > > The trials you encounter will introduce you to > your strengths. Remain steadfast… and one day you > will build something that endures, something > worthy of your potential. > > — Epictetus, Roman teacher and philosopher (55 – > 135 A.D.) Good old Epictetus and his Discourses – very appropriate for the CFA candidate. From Chapter XXIV (How one should contend against difficulties): “Difficulties are what show men’s character. Therefore when a difficult crisis meets you, remember that you are as the raw youth with whom God the trainer is wrestling. ‘To what end?’ the hearer asks. That you may win at Olympia: and that cannot be done without sweating for it.”

I will be visiting the exam center (Javits Center, NYC) Not to freaking see where my desk is! (gosh - get a life people). What did ya think? Gonna visit the International Auto Show on 12th. So marathon day = marathon day - 1

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i am fearing alpha only when drinking, dont worry sub, im still an INTJ

I plan on review for 2-3 hrs each day and book another solid 2-4 hours on top! Hopefully finish alternatives and start econ. I’m too poor for a hotel, maybe ill go to either the Tufts or MIT library.

count me in. quick detour saturday night, but at the books besides that.

I have tomorrow off. Derivatives, you will be destroyed tonight

I think I am confusing people on the labeling of this - re: the phonetic alphabet (http://www.dynamoo.com/technical/phonetic.htm) . . . just an easy way to think in your head how many weekends we have left until the exam - also, when we are cranking on L3 next year, we will remember when we really started getting serious in '09 future MSWs . . . Golf: April 18/19 Foxtrot: April 25/26 Echo: May 2/3 Delta: May 9/10 Charlie: May 16/17 Bravo: May 23/24 Alpha: May 30/31 when we start hitting Delta/Charlie … well … you know it will be time to really put that BAII plus from the convenience store in New Dehli to use …

reporting for duty. i’m going to have a bit of a grab bag weekend. i woke up and my heart says do fixed income right now, so i’ll tackle a few questions this morning. derivs, econ, and PM questions will be done this weekend as well. a popourri of cfa goodness coming my way starting… NOW.

7:52am. I’m on derivatives.

how goes it team? i’ve done 100 q-bank q’s on fixed income today and my brain is pretty tired- need a break in a sec but am feeling pretty good overall about FI. have now done a total of 920 qbank q’s so far. will cross that first psychological hurdle of 1,000 q’s tomorrow. slowly but surely, i’m getting there. was going to do derivs tonight, but i think that might be a bit intense with the state of my brain now. contemplating either econ or PM for an evening session.

I am fried today!!! Even after going out for 2 hrs I feel dumb and can’t concentrate

just closed PM, now derivatives to go from tomorrow. will start today’s lunch crunch and quant in some time now.

I have done some Qbank questions but just started CFAI text questions. I can certainly say the quality of the CFAI questions are exceptionally high. I am doing PM and have spent incredible amount of time. All the readings are very long and challenging when I have to do the CFAI questions. Can someone confirm how do the CFAI end ox text questions compare to the real exam?

I just got to the library about an hour ago. Will be here for a while. I went out till 4am this morning and had to work today, so was hungover and in an odd state for most of the day. Happy Friday night everyone. ha.