Hours

Subract out everyone’s AF time and it looks like a 10-12 hour work week is common.

45/week

In around 7:30 and official beer drinking starts at 4:00, 3:00 on Fridays. If the fridge has no beer, someone is assigned to chase it down one-half hour before. Unfortunately for me, this time of year I only get to participate on Fridays since study time and beer dont mix for me.

40 hrs higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Subract out everyone’s AF time and it looks like a > 10-12 hour work week is common. +100

edgeraz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 40 hrs > > higgmond Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Subract out everyone’s AF time and it looks like > a > > 10-12 hour work week is common. > > > +100 Ha ha, I’m at 35-45…with actual “working” time ranging from 20%-90%, probably like 50% on average

SMIRK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 7:45ish to 6:30ish Monday through Thurs > 8:30ish to 5:00ish Fridays > > So total 51.5 hours per week. What happened to all > the “poor” finance people who are working 100 > hours weeks whose lives just suck so much compared > to government workers?? Oh I forgot, that’s just > another AF Exaggeration Factor. The ones with the longest hours are investment bankers. CFA is not important or really relevant for investment bankers. Thus, the population of investment bankers is likely to be very low (non-existent?) on AF.

Where are all the bankers?!

Note to self: read the post above before posting : )

45-50

Here is a question, how many of us really works on WALL STREET?

Do you mean who works physically on Wall St., or who has a job in “finance”?

The latter - Real finance jobs.

What’s a real finance job? Does a VC in Silicon Valley count? How about back office at Goldman Sachs?

old job: 45 new job: 75-80 excluding weekends

FIAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SMIRK Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 7:45ish to 6:30ish Monday through Thurs > > 8:30ish to 5:00ish Fridays > > > > So total 51.5 hours per week. What happened to > all > > the “poor” finance people who are working 100 > > hours weeks whose lives just suck so much > compared > > to government workers?? Oh I forgot, that’s > just > > another AF Exaggeration Factor. > > > The ones with the longest hours are investment > bankers. CFA is not important or really relevant > for investment bankers. Thus, the population of > investment bankers is likely to be very low > (non-existent?) on AF. That’s exactly my point. All the clowns posting on here about how great of a lifestyle government work is compared to finance people who are supposedly slaves to their job are obviously comparing themselves to one very small subset of the finance industry. By and large, as proven here, everyone works normal hours and gets normal pay, just like everyone else in most every other industry.

Avg. is probably 60 but the range would be 40-90.

5:30 AM - 2:30 PM Mon-Thursday (36 hours) 5:30 AM - 1:30 PM Friday (8 hours) Total 44 hours. Plus dinners, meetings, conferences, travel time etc probably closer to 50 a week.

SMIRK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FIAnalyst Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > SMIRK Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > 7:45ish to 6:30ish Monday through Thurs > > > 8:30ish to 5:00ish Fridays > > > > > > So total 51.5 hours per week. What happened > to > > all > > > the “poor” finance people who are working 100 > > > hours weeks whose lives just suck so much > > compared > > > to government workers?? Oh I forgot, that’s > > just > > > another AF Exaggeration Factor. > > > > > > The ones with the longest hours are investment > > bankers. CFA is not important or really > relevant > > for investment bankers. Thus, the population of > > investment bankers is likely to be very low > > (non-existent?) on AF. > > > That’s exactly my point. All the clowns posting on > here about how great of a lifestyle government > work is compared to finance people who are > supposedly slaves to their job are obviously > comparing themselves to one very small subset of > the finance industry. By and large, as proven > here, everyone works normal hours and gets normal > pay, just like everyone else in most every other > industry. Fair point but pensions and benefits are usually better at govt jobs which explains some of the animosity. Tax dollars fund above market retirement plans when there is no proof that those types of benefits are requires to attact govt workers.

What are the hours for those in sell-side equity research and buy-side equity research on this board? Indicate the size of your firm (ie bulge bracket, middle market, etc.)

Like I mentioned before, buy-side, 51.5 hours per week, income level = within Obama’s crosshairs.