Hours

monkeyd00d Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What are the hours for those in sell-side equity > research and buy-side equity research on this > board? Indicate the size of your firm (ie bulge > bracket, middle market, etc.) Well I recieved an email from one of our analysts at 3AM on Saturday of a holiday weekend so I know they are doing significantly more hours than me. This is borderline BB. You can probably guess the firm.

ER 7am-5pm on normal days 7am-7pm reporting season + couple of weekend hours

8-6:30 5 days+Saturdays every 3 mos

around 9:45ish (cause it’s Cali, hellz yeah) - 6:30/7pm

wouldnt west coast be earlier mobius?

well i guess if you are a trader on the west coast, better get your a$s up early

ER have to be up early too for the morning calls. But lifestyle out here is better.

At ATT- Maybe a good 4 to 8 hours of real solid work, I “worked” 40 hours a week though. At MS- (only been here for 3 days) Put in about 35 hours so far. On track for 55-60 this week, I don’t even have a log on yet. The strange part is; it doesn’t even feel like work. Getting paid to think rather than juggle your nutsack all day is tremendous.

Smirk - What type of buy-side shop? HF? MF? Alayle - What size firm?

When I was in SS ER my hours were typically 7am-6pm with 5pm finish on a Friday. Lots of travel too. Considerably nicer hours on the buy side I’ve found.

monkeyd00d Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Smirk - What type of buy-side shop? HF? MF? > > Alayle - What size firm? Mutual fund?? LOL. Unless it’s Fidelity of course.

I’m in banking. 70-80 hours/week on average. 26 years old, all in comp ~$115k / year

Zombie71 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m in banking. 70-80 hours/week on average. > > 26 years old, all in comp ~$115k / year Did you post the compensation because you thought it was unusually high or unusually low?

seems to be one of the only, if not the only, to put age too…

45-55, up to 60 some busy weeks.

I heard some guys saying 30 min for lunch are you serious??? Im in Sao Paulo, my normal hours used to be 9 15 ish to 7 45 ish pm ,with about 90 min for lunch

brazilatz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I heard some guys saying 30 min for lunch are you > serious??? > Im in Sao Paulo, my normal hours used to be 9 15 > ish to 7 45 ish pm ,with about 90 min for lunch It’s because the whole lunch concept is quite different in Latin America. I also used to take almost two hours for lunch until I spent a couple of years in the U.S. Now I take two 10-minute breaks to eat a small meal each time.

I’m at a boutique M&A firm, and put in anywhere from 40 to 75 a week. Average is probably only 50, though.

brazilatz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I heard some guys saying 30 min for lunch are you > serious??? > Im in Sao Paulo, my normal hours used to be 9 15 > ish to 7 45 ish pm ,with about 90 min for lunch My lunch consists of slamming a protein bar when the trader puts me on hold.

1morelevel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brazilatz Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I heard some guys saying 30 min for lunch are > you > > serious??? > > Im in Sao Paulo, my normal hours used to be 9 > 15 > > ish to 7 45 ish pm ,with about 90 min for lunch > > > My lunch consists of slamming a protein bar and rubbing one out when > the trader puts me on hold. Wait? WHAT!?