How are my people doing?

How’s everyone’s progress? Are you fealing confident? Keep up the good fight

Just finished the last reading last night. Don’t remember very much from the first 20 or so chapters. Not feeling too confident, though, I have never felt confident after finishing the readings. My confidence is built during the last 1.5 months or so after I’ve gone over all the practice questions and start hammering out mocks.

Finished readying 3-17 (leaving Ethics & GIPS after second review). Second run for the next month (redo all EOC.) The material is pretty easy compared to level II but the essay portion definitely is a challenge by itself. The last 6 weeks will be mocks intensive and the key to success for the AM is precision & time management.

Just started Fixed-Income, second pass.

Not confident at all; 115 hours in 0_0

Why is everyone claiming level iii is the easiest one? Passed level i and ii at first attempt within 6 months while working until midnight every day. Now having a much better work/ life balance and still i have been struggling on level iii for over a year and still feeling totally out…

I have a few qs. 1: when you say you finish 01st Pass- Do you count the EoCs as well? 2. You finished reading through CFAI or Prep Provider? 3.Since how many days/weeks/months you started and finished the 01st pass? And how many hours? 4. how much time do you believe u will require for the 02nd pass? 5. Any particular strategy to retain the material? 6. When do you plan to take the mocks? Not in particular order, but your views are important. Please share.

I agree that the material is easier than the material on l2 (perhaps comparable to l1). I will finish up my last book in a week and then start my first revision. I think what the sentiment on this blog is that the material is easier in relation to the material on l2, not the test. Thus, we are all crusing through this material preparing for an expected very tough exam.

L3 is toughest exam IMO. Competition is up, material has A LOT of gray area, & the test format is the hardest by far. You will need to put forth more effort than L2 if you hope to pass.

Could anyone care to answer my queries :

1: when you say you finish 01st Pass- Do you count the EoCs as well? 2. You finished reading through CFAI or Prep Provider? 3.Since how many days/weeks/months you started and finished the 01st pass? And how many hours? 4. how much time do you believe u will require for the 02nd pass? 5. Any particular strategy to retain the material? 6. When do you plan to take the mocks? Not in particular order, but your views are important. Please share.

I finished 1 pass of schweser.

The first pass initiall contained EOC etc. but then it was time consuming and I stopped it.

Now onto second pass with EOC only. (not reading material again at this time.)

once done, will read through material again.

planning to start MOCKs next month or April based on what is feasible.

1. Yes, EoC’s as well

2. Finished reading schweser

3. I started early december… i don’t keep track of hours

4. I won’t be doing a second pass. It’s all active learning through questions and exams. I’ll watch videos where I’m weak.

5. Practice, read/understand provided answers, repeat.

6. I’ll start taking mocks March 28th.

next month is April

I know what people on the L2 board last year are thinking…so I’ll just ask it…where the hell is Rahul roy and why hasn’t he already informed us all that he’s +70% on his first three mocks?

Regarding the exam, I think the short answer questions on IPS could be pretty tough. Answering EOC’s on Individual IPS…I find myself rambling on answering the Risk and Return Objectives only to read the answer and realize I was way off. It’s going take some effort answering those concisely and correctly but it can be done. I think it’ll be helpful doing some practice base case Institutional IPS’ for all different types of institutional investors (banks, insurance, foundations, etc.) in the coming months.

Still on my first pass through the material, but feeling pretty good. I had a tough time getting motivated, but once I got into things I am loving the change in curriculum. It is much more in line with what I actually do than the first two levels (the IPS stuff, asset allocation, performance evaluation). Will finish up Scwheser notes by mid-March, then onto CFAI EOCs and blue boxes and online CFAi questions. Then mocks and AM sections (working backwards from 2014, have them back to 2007 though not sure I’ll get through them all).

RR and ProvidenceCFA are hard at putting in 700 hours together for this exam. I was pondering this myself yesterday. lol.

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-ii-forum/91334826

^ Yeah, Providence, too. I texted back and forth with him a bit last summer and he seemed ready to go for Level III but we haven’t heard from him – perhaps he’s a little burnt out from Level II? (beginning a full-time job can change things, too) I think he put in 700+ hours so he put a lot of pressure on himself. It was funny reading his threads where he ripped on Elan for being so late with the materials - he got seriously pissed off. Maybe taking a year off could be a good thing for him.

I thought it was hilarious reading his scathing Elan posts not too very long after he gave them his blessing.

Doh!!

I will do atleast one mock by end of next month then…

I keep thinking this is still Feb…

Yeah that was probably my favorite moment in my CFA Level-II experience.

I’m pretty sure RR and Prov. are the same person.

^that would take a lot of work to remember to write with RR’s broken english consistently… I think they’re separate people, they just have a man-crush for one another.