How can I dissociate from this forum completely and remove all of my posts?

It seems that everyone here is taking this no discussion of exam things too lightly. I have posted here before and I don’t want to be part of this forum anymore. We have all come too far to let something like this be between us and a CFA charter. Apparently a lot of you are taking the warnings of the CFAI and the examples they made last year of two people on this forum too lightly. http://www.cfainstitute.org/ethics/conduct/Pages/candidate_sanctions.aspx#Disclosure%20of%20Exam%20Content

Ok, relax there buddy. You can discuss question context and hypotheticals without getting into specifics. What happened last year was different. The two guys compiled every question of the exam and put it on a spreadsheet for everyone to download. You could literally go and grade your exam about two days after. This is what they are trying to stop.

But people here *ARE* getting into specifics, they are saying… the answer is A, B, or C with the specific answers that were given in the questions.

Then log out and don’t post, no one is stopping you from logging in?? We’re to cool for you anyway. Honestly, you actually think CFA is going to go back and write down every name of the posters? I think the only reason they got the other folks (Spreadsheet) is because they were actually distributing the information. Someone from CFA asked for the spreadsheet by email and they used the same email addy as they CFA candidate information. Analyst Forum can’t (shouldn’t) provide this info to them (login / email etc etc) because they would get a big fat privacy lawsuit against them.

I do have to agree it appears as if both of those are quite different. This would be closer. Following the exam, a Level II candidate, Randall Lucas, posted on his blog regarding his experience at the CFA exam and mentioned topics covered and material not covered on the exam. At the time of the blog posting, the CFA exam was still being administered around the world. The Professional Conduct Program investigated the matter and found that the candidate engaged in the conduct and thereby violated the CFA Exam Rules and the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct. The candidate accepted the sanction of Public Censure and Voiding of Exam Results.

You don’t think they’d suspend people for discussing specific exam questions on a public forum when they would easily void your exam results for accidentally making a scribble on your exam ticket? Just because they haven’t done it before doesn’t mean they won’t start doing it. Not to mention the first sticky in this forum: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,1165852

Can someone post the actual CFAI wording of the pledge we signed? Note: Schweser has risked a lot more than us all (i.e. their business) and sent an email reading “Remember, you can say anything you want about the exam and the overall experience and you can even talk about what was tested. You cannot, however, talk about specific questions.”

Paraguay Why are you acting like some sort of Analyst Forum Administrator?? I see your post on the Lev 2 Forum (telling everyone to stop), chill buddy, not like your getting paid by CFA or Analyst forum to make sure everyone is following the rules. It pretty sad that a grown man is sitting around on a Monday night trying to rule an online forum on what people should and shouldn’t say, get a life!! People want to post; let them, not like you’re going to get in trouble Brutal!

https://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogram/resources/policies/Pages/cfa_exam_candidate_pledge_policy.aspx "After this exam, I will not disclose any portion of this exam and I will not remove any exam materials from the testing room in original or copied form. I understand that all exam materials, including my answers, are the property of CFA Institute and will not be returned to me in any form. "

1. Open window 2. ?? 3. Profit

Based on the pledge, Schweser is screwed for soliciting disclosure of any portion of this exam.

I agree. I think the line is drawn where people are posting QUESTIONS. since we all took L3, and remember the questions, we don’t need to post them to speculate on the answers.

I don’t think we have crossed any lines in this forum. I doubt anyone can structure a complete question from the discussion we’ve had so far. We all know what question someone is referring to when a small thing out of the question is mentioned and then we quickly move to our opinion about the answer. I am sure CFAI knows that we’ve got the message this time.

you can give me your computer that you used for these posts plus $1,000 and I will take the blame if shyte hits the fan. deal?

We are still allowed to discuss CFA III material (eg. Duration, Tax Deferred Accounts). This is the general material of the cirriculum ! The issue is with regard to disclosing the exam content.

your willingness to take risk is below average.

Paraguay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I do have to agree it appears as if both of those > are quite different. > > This would be closer. > > Following the exam, a Level II candidate, Randall > Lucas, posted on his blog regarding his experience > at the CFA exam and mentioned topics covered and > material not covered on the exam. At the time of > the blog posting, the CFA exam was still being > administered around the world. The Professional > Conduct Program investigated the matter and found > that the candidate engaged in the conduct and > thereby violated the CFA Exam Rules and the CFA > Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of > Professional Conduct. The candidate accepted the > sanction of Public Censure and Voiding of Exam > Results. This guy posted stuff while the exam was still being administered. That’s a little different than general discussion of some broad topics. Here’s a way to think of it: would you get in any trouble for posting something BEFORE the test was administered? Speaking to general topics and concepts; no. Breaking down questions which are on the test (or in the case of the LII guys, distributing a copy of the test); yes.

LOL!! Couldnt stop laughing for a min… Nicee

Disclosure of Exam Content Following the exam, two Level II candidates, Anurag Jain and Nana Kweku Nduom, used Analyst Forum, an internet chat forum, to contribute, solicit, and compile June 2009 Level II CFA exam content. The information was compiled into a spreadsheet and further offered to other candidates via the internet forum and other internet sources. The Professional Conduct Program investigated these matters and found that the candidates engaged in the conduct thereby compromising the integrity and security of the CFA exam in violation of the CFA Exam Rules, Candidate Pledge, and the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct, specifically Standard VII(A) – Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program. Both Mr. Jain and Mr. Nduom requested a Hearing Panel. After consideration of the evidence in each respective case, the Hearing Panels determined the candidates’ conduct of compiling, soliciting, and distributing CFA exam content violated the CFA Exam Rules and the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct and imposed the sanction of Five-Year Suspension from Participation in the CFA Program and Voiding of Exam Results on each respective candidate. Following the exam, a Level II candidate, Randall Lucas, posted on his blog regarding his experience at the CFA exam and mentioned topics covered and material not covered on the exam. At the time of the blog posting, the CFA exam was still being administered around the world. The Professional Conduct Program investigated the matter and found that the candidate engaged in the conduct and thereby violated the CFA Exam Rules and the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct. The candidate accepted the sanction of Public Censure and Voiding of Exam Results. Misrepresentation A Level I candidate sent an email to CFA Institute wherein he misrepresented his CFA Program enrollment status, specifically that he was enrolled to take an exam for which he did not enroll. The Professional Conduct Program investigated the matter and found that the candidate engaged in the conduct thereby violating the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct. The candidate requested a Hearing Panel. After consideration of the evidence, the Hearing Panel determined that the candidate engaged in the conduct and thereby violated the CFA Institute Code of Ethics, and Standard I© – Misrepresentation and Standard I(D) Misconduct, of the Standards of Professional Conduct. The Hearing Panel imposed the sanction of One-Year Suspension from Participation in the CFA Program upon the candidate. A Level I candidate submitted a Religious Alternate Date (RAD) Request form indicating she was to be a participant in a wedding on the date of the exam. Based on a preliminary investigation by the CFA Institute Exam Security department, the Professional Conduct Program determined to further investigate the RAD form submitted by the candidate. The Professional Conduct Program found that the candidate submitted a RAD Request Form that misrepresented the basis for her request, in violation of the Code of Ethics and Standard I© – Misrepresentation, and Standard II(A) – Misconduct, of the CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct. The candidate accepted the sanction of Private Censure. Failure to Cooperate Candidates violate the CFA Institute Bylaws if they fail to submit information requested relating to professional conduct and activities. A Level I candidate received a Summary Suspension from further participation in the CFA Program for failing to cooperate with the Professional Conduct Program’s investigation into conduct occurring during the exam administration process.

um, the CFA releases the essays every year. I dont think you guys will get a violation for discussing something that will be available to the entire world in December.