How do you put the smackdown on pretentious lawyer wannabes?

This is kind of an update of another thread I posted about insurance deductibles, but more relevant towards dealing with pain in the @ss lawyer wannabes in general. Say the victim of an accident was said lawyer wannabe chick who just graduated from a second or third tier law school last year and is trying to act all Robert Shapiro or something. She wants to go after your @ss for causing her damages instead of taking the usual insurance claims route (even though she filed a claim, she still wants to recover more damages that the insurance doesn’t cover) and is saying “I’m an attorney this, I’m an attorney that” to threaten you. What is the best way to put someone like this in their place?

Ignore her.

“I’m JTLD, B!tch!”

the c word

Man, The plumber incident, the Mcdonald incident, the architect incident, and now this? You are on a roll.

I agree. Pull out your weener and start doing helicopters with it.

Tell her that her threats are in violation of the Bar’s ethics rule and if you complain she could be sanction or possibly disbared, furthermore your complaint would be in her permanent record and could preclude her from getting a job.

I’d just like to add that this is my kind of AF thread. I would be happy if it went on for 7+ pages.

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’d just like to add that this is my kind of AF > thread. I would be happy if it went on for 7+ > pages. +10 I don’t know your story, but I get a good laugh whenever KJH goes on an attorney tirade!

Is this hypothetical or real? Sadly, if it’s real almost anyone can sue you and waste your time and $$$ taking you to court. Typically for a lawyer to get sanctioned by the bar or disbarred they have to do something illegal, like committ a felony or steal money from a client that is being held in trust. I’m dealing with a legal nightmare myself right now and really the only defense to to hire a lawyer who’s even a bigger *ss to take on the first lawyer. Of course you can reach a “settlement” out of court, so threatening to sue you is really a way to blackmail you for settlement $$$, betting that you won’t want to go through the even larger $$$$$ of an actual lawsuit.

jayjay77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is this hypothetical or real? Sadly, if it’s real > almost anyone can sue you and waste your time and > $$$ taking you to court. Typically for a lawyer > to get sanctioned by the bar or disbarred they > have to do something illegal, like committ a > felony or steal money from a client that is being > held in trust. I’m dealing with a legal nightmare > myself right now and really the only defense to to > hire a lawyer who’s even a bigger *ss to take on > the first lawyer. > > Of course you can reach a “settlement” out of > court, so threatening to sue you is really a way > to blackmail you for settlement $$$, betting that > you won’t want to go through the even larger $$$$$ > of an actual lawsuit. Isn’t it illegal to claim you are an attorney if you are only in law school?

ask for her card then email the managing partner of the firm and explain whats going on. I am sure they will fire her pretty quick.

I mean, can’t you just nod your head and tell her that you’re sure she’ll win in court if she’s such a good lawyer?

In all honesty, I would just try to reason with her (I’m sure you’ve tried). Completely ignore her anger and threats and just continue to try to reason, being extremely helpful in the most annoying way possible: 1) Tell her she should have better insurance if she is not covered for a lot of stuff. 2) Tell her you know a guy that can set her up with great insurance (just use your agent or something) and act completely serious while doing this. 3) Say “we are all adults” and make her feel stupid for getting overly worked up. 4) Continually call her by the wrong name and talk down to her. 5) If you have any lawyer friends, ask them for large legal words or terms that an “attorney” of her caliber would not know and use them in your conversations with her. If all of this fails sue her first for undue stress from the threats. Find a vindictive lawyer who will have papers drafted for cheap and maybe it will just scare her away.

Violence.

macrie69 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Man, > > The plumber incident, the Mcdonald incident, the > architect incident, and now this? > You are on a roll. Sounds like he’s a walking episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

juventurd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > macrie69 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Man, > > > > The plumber incident, the Mcdonald incident, > the > > architect incident, and now this? > > You are on a roll. > > > Sounds like he’s a walking episode of Curb Your > Enthusiasm. is JTLD jewish?

I once roomed with a person who tried to come after me for utility bills after our apartment lease ended. After my repeated explanations and offer to provide her w/ proof that I did in fact, hand her a check monthly for all utilities, I went to the ignore route and stopped responding to phone calls and emails. Until… I get an email one day from the old roomate threatening to take me to small claims court and cc’d on the email, was, her lawyer. The email address was a well recognized local firm. Thinking it strange someone would CC their lawyer on an email, I picked up the phone and called the law office and asked for the person cc’d on the email, call her Jane Doe. me: Can I speak to Jane Doe the attorney? receptionist: Jane Doe the attorney? There’s a Jane Doe here, but she answers the other line me: (after 30 seconds of laughing) Are you sure that the Jane Doe here is not a lawyer. receptionist: Absolutely never heard about the utilities again. Moral of the story: call her bluff.

everyone persont that I ever met that worked at a law firm is in their eyes a lawyer…lol

Call ur godfather