How do you tell your boss he's a ***k

s**t on his car.

i cant understand this thing. Each person is entitled to days off. (here I am entitled 35 days). if you talk with the boss in advance (3 months before) and tell him u need 10 days (i.e. 2 weeks) off as part of the 35 days, why would he say no.

U have to take those days at some point in the year dont you?

For me, it;s the 4th time i take cfa exams (second time level 3) and i never had any proble, i take 2-3 weeks off

sh!t on his wife?

Stop being his bitch. Tell him you’re out at 5pm or whatever time you need to be out today. Tell him. Don’t ask. You’re a professional, not a ditch digger. If you get fired over leaving on time to take an important exam for yourself AND your firm, then seriously are you any worse off?

You get 35 days of vacation??? That must be nice. I work at a small firm, so there’s not much overlap and our compensation is highly dependent upon a sizeable discretionary bonus that my boss sets and failing to get documents out to clients for set meeting etc. would be a serious hit on that. Most of my issue was that he was dragging his feet getting the documents ready until yesterday so I had to work my ass off all day to prep everything and that led to some unneeded stress. I’m doing much better today and things will be fine.

And if I don’t complete my work, I will be breaking the CFA Code of Conduct under duty to clients by failing to be diligent and providing the services agreed to. It’s not like I work at a factory and someone can just step in and do my job, I’m sure most people are in a similar situation. Heck I had to call in this morning to break down the employment numbers, but its all good, thats not a big deal and something I’d be analyzing anyways.

As for poop on car placement, my preferred location is under the door handle.

Should have carried yourself more assertively since day 1. U did this to yourself from the beginning.

Where do you all work, the land of no deadlines or client responsibilities?

Not always but in many cases, you’re probably the one to blame for putting yourself in a situation to be taken advantage of… yeah, I’ve been there myself.

See: http://www.bravenewlife.com/06/the-man-is-you/

The best revenge is quitting well. At my last job, the management team was hostile and abusive, outright lied about employees’ performance on “annual review” meetings (which were them teaming up and telling you how worthless you are) so they could justify paying a small bonus while they gobbled up everything. And so on, right from a Dickens novel.

By chance I finally had received a job offer and was going to quit at the end of the month. Also by chance the news that I passed level 2 came in the day before I quit. Just gave them enough rope to think they will soon have a CFA charterholder on the team - nope, not so. If only that would have been a level 3 pass, it would have been even more glorious. But you can’t have everything.

Do what I couldn’t do - try to find a new job. And then wait until you pass level 3 and/or get your charter. Don’t forget to ask him to pay for it. Right after that, BAM, quit.

I work at a small consulting firm driven completely by deadlines and client responsibilities. However, my boss, who is also an owner of the firm, is a charterholder and allowed me to take the entire week off on company time, i.e. not charging it to my annual vacation time. We have several pieces of testimony due this week and beginning next week, but, we worked around me being off all week since it’s as important to him, as it is to me, for me to pass these exams.

The struggle is real!

Why do you prioritize those over your own well being and future? If the Charter is NPV positive, go get it and screw those that stand in your way. Consequences be damned. If being a slave to your boss is more important to you, then stay up late and flunk it. Your call. But it really is your call.

Raw dog her backdoor then dangle the cahonas in.

^ W…T…F…

It’s too late for now, but advice to others: prepare well in advance because you never know what can happen days before the exam. Start as early as possible (6-8 months before).

You don’t work in the States.

lol good call. sh!t on his mistresses head like a sh!t chapeau

Call his wife and say he has a mistress.

my boss is too sweet , hope I have good news to tell him in august!!

^ You might regret those words years from now.

Whats a ***k?