How Low Can Goldman Go Today?

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just purchased 100 JUL 120 PUTS, I missed Lehman > and Bear Stearns. I’m not going to miss GS. > > it is going to snowball very quickly, no one wants > to be left holding the bag And the dumbest trade of the day goes to timotimo

When I speak of my shorts on AAPL/GOOG I speak of the last few weeks, I shorted F also and made a handsome profit. my position on GS is a gamble, however i’m up enough from shorting this week to stand to lost a few 10ks. Thankfully there are enough long idiots that I shouldn’t have to worry about closing my trades…

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wow just when I think timotimo has made the most > astute analysis in the whole world he one ups > himself :slight_smile: > > GS will be fine- they will get a huge fine for > show but they will be fine. not defending timotimo here but please define “fine”, quantitatively (price target & horizon). the stock was trading @$185 two weeks ago, just sayin.

my definition of fine is not bs or lehman as he said. I’m not saying it won’t go lower- I’m saying they will be fine as in continuing existence :slight_smile:

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > my definition of fine is not bs or lehman as he > said. I’m not saying it won’t go lower- I’m > saying they will be fine as in continuing > existence :slight_smile: agreed totally different phenomena. at this point it’s gonna be a slow grinding decline (if any) unless SEC comes out with another case. maybe GS is shorting its own stock and the partners will take it to private when the stock hits $100 (this is my crazy conspiracy theory)

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just purchased 100 JUL 120 PUTS, I missed Lehman > and Bear Stearns. I’m not going to miss GS. > > it is going to snowball very quickly, no one wants > to be left holding the bag You posted at 12:27 ET so I guess you missed the big decline this morning and GS was already about $145. Right now, I see: GS Stock = $145 JUL 120 PUT Ask Price = 4.80 JUL 120 PUT Implied Volatility: 56.4% JUL 120 PUT Delta: -.197 Does that sound like your transaction?

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > timotimo Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I just purchased 100 JUL 120 PUTS, I missed > Lehman > > and Bear Stearns. I’m not going to miss GS. > > > > it is going to snowball very quickly, no one > wants > > to be left holding the bag > > > You posted at 12:27 ET so I guess you missed the > big decline this morning and GS was already about > $145. Right now, I see: > > GS Stock = $145 > JUL 120 PUT Ask Price = 4.80 > JUL 120 PUT Implied Volatility: 56.4% > JUL 120 PUT Delta: -.197 > > > Does that sound like your transaction? I got in at a price much lower then that, depending on price movements in next 15 minutes, I might sell. I’m up ~5k, not bad for missing big drop. lookin at L2, the selling pressure is insane.

lol hit low of 143.88, thats it im going to hold over weekend I have stops at my purchase price - spread - commission, at worst I lose a few ks, at best GS goes to 0 and we finally get some justice.

I’m not cut out for your game. Good luck!

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lol hit low of 143.88, thats it im going to hold > over weekend > > I have stops at my purchase price - spread - > commission, at worst I lose a few ks, at best GS > goes to 0 and we finally get some justice. You’re an idiot. If GS ever went to 0, we’d all be screwed. The unemployment rate for this forum would probably rise to 50% after the market fell 5000 points. That would be an APOCALYPTIC scenario. What is the justice you speak of? You would want to wipe out the 95% of GS employees who probably have never touched a CDO product and had no hand in this mess. That’s like saying everyone at LEH or BS was evil.

but he walks away from all his $$$ from those GS puts.

+20% day-trade?

ancientmtk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > but he walks away from all his $$$ from those GS > puts. At least I have the balls to put my money were my mouth is unlike most people. My paper profit from those puts is $5800. I regret not closing my position as I only hold deep otm options a few hours to two days at most. If I were GS I would go private again, seriously they don’t pass any profit to shareholders… Perception and Reputation is everything in finance, and GS is evil, at least through the eyes of the general public. A lot of the above posts remind me of the comments people stated before Lehman and Bears… GS could go to zero and world would still function. And 50% of this bbs is already unemployed, lol

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You’re an idiot. If GM ever went to 0, we’d all > be screwed. The unemployment rate for this forum > would probably rise to 50% after the market fell > 5000 points. That would be an APOCALYPTIC > scenario. What is the justice you speak of? You > would want to wipe out the 95% of GM employees who > probably have never touched a cobalt and had > no hand in this mess. That’s like saying everyone > at Chrysler was evil. I fixed your post

timotimo Wrote: > as I only hold deep otm options a few > hours to two days at most. Timotimo, I use options heavily… On an average year, what’s your annual pre-tax return?

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > timotimo Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > lol hit low of 143.88, thats it im going to > hold > > over weekend > > > > I have stops at my purchase price - spread - > > commission, at worst I lose a few ks, at best > GS > > goes to 0 and we finally get some justice. > > You’re an idiot. If GS ever went to 0, we’d all > be screwed. The unemployment rate for this forum > would probably rise to 50% after the market fell > 5000 points. That would be an APOCALYPTIC > scenario. What is the justice you speak of? You > would want to wipe out the 95% of GS employees who > probably have never touched a CDO product and had > no hand in this mess. That’s like saying everyone > at LEH or BS was evil. Talk about overreacting. Financial industry sheds 50% of its workforce if GS goes under?

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > timotimo Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > lol hit low of 143.88, thats it im going to > hold > > over weekend > > > > I have stops at my purchase price - spread - > > commission, at worst I lose a few ks, at best > GS > > goes to 0 and we finally get some justice. > > You’re an idiot. If GS ever went to 0, we’d all > be screwed. The unemployment rate for this forum > would probably rise to 50% after the market fell > 5000 points. That would be an APOCALYPTIC > scenario. What is the justice you speak of? You > would want to wipe out the 95% of GS employees who > probably have never touched a CDO product and had > no hand in this mess. That’s like saying everyone > at LEH or BS was evil. What are you smoking? They are not even a large commercial bank. Lehman had way more exposure than GS does. If GS went down this weekend, the prop guys would all leave to Citadel/Paulson/Blackrock. The bankers/traders would all goto JPM/MS/Citi. The crappy people would be fired and deservely so. Or maybe you really think they are doing “god’s work?”

AlphaSeeker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > timotimo Wrote: > > as I only hold deep otm options a few > > hours to two days at most. > > Timotimo, I use options heavily… On an average > year, what’s your annual pre-tax return? For 2009 I actually lost money, however 2007-2008 I made a mint. I would put a disclaimer to anyone: be careful, options are like hot potatoes, especially deep otm ones. I am a professional, lol.

adehbone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Chuckrox8 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > timotimo Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > lol hit low of 143.88, thats it im going to > > hold > > > over weekend > > > > > > I have stops at my purchase price - spread - > > > commission, at worst I lose a few ks, at best > > GS > > > goes to 0 and we finally get some justice. > > > > You’re an idiot. If GS ever went to 0, we’d > all > > be screwed. The unemployment rate for this > forum > > would probably rise to 50% after the market > fell > > 5000 points. That would be an APOCALYPTIC > > scenario. What is the justice you speak of? > You > > would want to wipe out the 95% of GS employees > who > > probably have never touched a CDO product and > had > > no hand in this mess. That’s like saying > everyone > > at LEH or BS was evil. > > What are you smoking? They are not even a large > commercial bank. Lehman had way more exposure than > GS does. > > If GS went down this weekend, the prop guys would > all leave to Citadel/Paulson/Blackrock. The > bankers/traders would all goto JPM/MS/Citi. The > crappy people would be fired and deservely so. > > Or maybe you really think they are doing “god’s > work?” You’re interpreting my post in the wrong direction. I’m saying that if GS were to ever fail we would have much larger problems on our hands than a few overpaid unemployed ibankers. Yes, GS employees, at least the good ones, would easily be absorbed into MS/CS/DB/JPM/etc…

Hey guys, nothing would happen to the economy if GS went under because it is a perfectly competitive market and totally undeserving of regulation right? Thats what we all learned in a perfectly market creative destruction happens all the time and no one company has influence on market prices of the good it produces. Free market economics at its best, until the fall into reality.