How Many CFA Charter Holders would....

How Many CFA Charter Holders would you say can pass L2 if they were given the exam on a random day? Heck how many L3ers do you think could pass L2 if give the exam now…??? I say not that many for either…so my point being this stupid exam does not necessarily teach you anything but how to pass a very demanding exam…

Hopefully we can discuss this next year on the lvl 3 forums!

so would you pass L1 given on a random day?

Depends on “passing” score :wink:

I could

Joey, going back to take the L2 (and I’m sure you would pass), what would be the toughest area for you? Obviously not quant or derivs?

v.raghavan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so would you pass L1 given on a random day? For sure…

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I could You would bomb FSA. :wink:

GMofDen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Joey, going back to take the L2 (and I’m sure you > would pass), what would be the toughest area for > you? Obviously not quant or derivs? FSA for sure. Also, some of the ethics questions I might not answer just on principle.

Damnnn… I think I could pull of L1 again on demand but I don’t ever know if I could go back and take and pass this L2 beast again.

Yeah, I could knock out L1 in a heartbeat.

GMofDen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Damnnn… > I think I could pull of L1 again on demand but I > don’t ever know if I could go back and take and > pass this L2 beast again. Hey, we still have to pass it the FIRST time. :wink:

I took a 60 question Level I exam as part of my Master’s in Finance program a couple weeks ago and scored an 85, much to my surprise. So all that knowledge is still stuck in there somewhere…

MWVT- I guess it works both ways. I take L2 and don’t pass this year, I still don’t think I could go back and take it and pass the 2nd time on demand.

GMofDen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MWVT- I guess it works both ways. I take L2 and > don’t pass this year, I still don’t think I could > go back and take it and pass the 2nd time on > demand. No! I even misread your statement. I miss questions all the time by misreading.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > GMofDen Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > MWVT- I guess it works both ways. I take L2 > and > > don’t pass this year, I still don’t think I > could > > go back and take it and pass the 2nd time on > > demand. > > No! I even misread your statement. I miss > questions all the time by misreading. Doing L2 is much tougher the second time around if you ask me…I barley failed last year and it really kille my motivation…any other year I think my score would have passed…I almost wish I had out right f’d it up…This year I am not nearly as confident as I was last year going into the exam but then there is still 17 days…and there are 24hrs in a day :wink:

How did you feel walking out of the exam last year N.Van…did you think you passed?

I’m not a fan of what if scenarios. We study hard, do our best on the exam and hope for the best. Good luck to everyone!

Pinto11 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I took a 60 question Level I exam as part of my > Master’s in Finance program a couple weeks ago and > scored an 85, much to my surprise. So all that > knowledge is still stuck in there somewhere… yeah, but how much TIME did they give you? If you got more than an hr and half, it would be unfair according to my computations

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Pinto11 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I took a 60 question Level I exam as part of my > > Master’s in Finance program a couple weeks ago > and > > scored an 85, much to my surprise. So all that > > knowledge is still stuck in there somewhere… > > > yeah, but how much TIME did they give you? If you > got more than an hr and half, it would be unfair > according to my computations Yes, we had 90 min.