how many hours are you doing in the evenings?

I study 12-13 hours a week total. 10 on weekdays (4 on Mon, 4 on Wed, 1 on Tue, 0.5-1 on Thur, 1 on Friday) and 2 on Sat.

2-3 monday thru thursday 5-6 sat and sun

I try to get 2-2.5 hrs a night (Mon-Fri)… I then try and get 3-4 hrs / day on the weekend… So far so good, I feel like I am moving at a nice pace… Hopefully it pays off! Good luck to all…

I calculated how many pages, on average, I have to complete per night in order to finish schweser roughly a month ahead of the exam. Usually, it takes me 2 hours per weeknight, take friday off…and just double or triple up on saturday. Sunday is just another regular 2 hour day. However, it may take me more time once the material gets more difficult - so weekends will probably start heading towards 10-15 hours.

2-3 hrs a day during the work week. 15 hrs during the whole weekend.

1.5hrs, 6.30-8.00am. 3-4hrs, 6-10pm all on weekdays still trying to get a gri on the weekend for tests and revisions

I started studying January 23rd (after results came out!) and I put in ~ 1.5hours Monday through Thursday, take Friday off. Then put in about 3 hours on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday. Come May I will up the ante and since I have the first week of June off I hope this will leave me in okay shape.

study in the evenings? usually zero. I have averaged just over one hour per day since October, most of which has been at work (or over lunch which is also at work). I’ll occassionally put in a 3 or more hour day on a weekend or something just to get used to concentrating for a long stretch but I’ve found that many shorter sessions is a better way for me to study. The only problem is that I will have to remember all of that stuff I studied back in late 2007.

not enough.

How the h - e double hockey sticks does anybody study over 8 hours on Sat and Sunday? I must be a wuss (sp?), but it is a couple hours a day on weekdays, then around 3 hours on Sat and Sunday. Maybe my weak sch. is the reason I am back again this year.

Im trying to get 25-30 hours in per week for the next 2 weeks (3 hours weeknights) and then after this drop back to around 15-20 hours per week with sat nights to party and sundays to relax

1-2 on weekdays, 3-4 on weekends.

I study 2-3 hours per week. Weekends haven’t been as productive as I initially planned.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sorry to hear that, dinesh. hope you won’t have > to deal with such pressure much longer Thanks maratikus for the condolence and I hope to recover earlier than never and get back together (as we did at L1) and nail this L2 right on it’s head in June-08. Just need some more time and just hoping it’s not too late for L2 already.

I just paid in today. Obviously didnt have any motivation till now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi guys, I’m studying 8 hours a day JUST in the weekends, i.e. 16 hours per week. Since I started in january, do you think that schedule would be enough to pass the test??? Thanks! JL

You passed Level I, you should understand what it takes to pass these exams… Everyone studies at a different pace. CFAI recommends 250 hours - obviously this depends on how knowledgeable you are with the material. You passed Level 1, how did you do it? Level II is considered more difficult, so do the math.

Thanks so much for you special kindness, jalmy8! You should win the CFA Sweetness Academy Award 2008! :slight_smile: bye

10 mins on average since last week :slight_smile:

1-2 h on weekdays 3-4 Sat and Sunday so, depending on the topic between 12 and 18 hours per week, jmho but over 20 h/week right now and there could be a danger of burnout, by May most of us will be in such a state we won’t care who we p*ss off and will be studying constantly.