How many of you workout? Fitness=Success on the street

I more meant the hours…there is no way I could survive on 5 hours sleep.

same here i get up at 5.40am and rarely sleeping before 1am

in bed by 11pm, up at 7am, at the office by 8:30 during lunch I run for about 40 min 2 times a week 2 other days (usually w-e) I lift weights for about 30 min and also run about 25 min.

8 hours sleep = your day has only 16 hours, bit of a waste innit?

how much do I wish I would only need a few hours of sleep like some of you here.

“8 hours sleep = your day has only 16 hours, bit of a waste innit?” Only if you don’t like sleeping…sleeping is the best part of my day.

have you ever tried reducing, by an hour or so?

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “8 hours sleep = your day has only 16 hours, bit > of a waste innit?” > > Only if you don’t like sleeping…sleeping is the > best part of my day. you are single and alone arent you ;=( the day can have much better parts than “tzzzzzzzzz tzzzz”

working out in the gym is fun, especially if you have the right person to train with. But I do agree with Bambi, sometimes its fun to mix it up… I have a gym at work, so I usually attend classes offered here, anything from Spin, Zumba, Hot Yoga, to just basic weights. I love my sleep way too much to wake up early in the morning to run, so that usually takes place either in the evening or weekends.

“Only if you don’t like sleeping…sleeping is the best part of my day” Touche. Between getting good sleep is also important for your help. 5 hours is merely not enough.

Well, define “alone”.

oh yeah, the classes you mention are fun as they are no pure “abs” or “tights” classes where you lift your right leg for ten minutes non stop which I find mind numbing I would classify Yoga or Spinning (=cycling) or dance classes as “sports” not as “pure working out”

Houston, if you’re going to steal, my term, at least put in the accent…touché.

CFAHouston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- 5 hours is merely not enough. I agree that sleep is key for a healthy lifestyle and recuperation but everybody’s system is different, I am fine with 3-4 hours a night/day and am flexible whilst some need more its genetics and habits

Bambi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFAHouston Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > 5 hours is merely not enough. > > > > I agree that sleep is key for a healthy lifestyle > and recuperation but everybody’s system is > different, I am fine with 3-4 hours a night/day > and am flexible whilst some need more > its genetics and habits what do you mean habits? Are there things you do that replace sleep or just being used to working on non-optimal levels of sleep?

5 is plenty… didnt everyone here learn about REM sleep in college… you only need 3.5 to function

“Houston, if you’re going to steal, my term, at least put in the accent…touché.” Sorry, but now i’m kind of getting used to your corrections :slight_smile:

houston… you still downtown in oil/gas? I am moving to B of A building in few weeks

“5 is plenty… didnt everyone here learn about REM sleep in college… you only need 3.5 to function” I think any athlete or serious trainer will tell you, you’re not going to see a lot of gains with less than 6 hours sleep. What’s REM by the way? I don’t have google on my computer.

I know a few ppl which have gradually tried cutting one sleep cycle ie sleeping about 45 min less and it worked out well for them, cutting sleep by 20 mins is tough as you break in the middle of a cycle and will feel like run over but cutting the last cycle (which is a very light one anyways) can be quite helpful to cut sleep now as I said before, genetics might play a role, some ppl sleep a lot if they have time and only a few hours (feeling grea in the morning) when they dont have the time