How many of you workout? Fitness=Success on the street

I find the gym incredibly boring. It helps that some of them have televisions where you can watch the news or a Spanish telenovella. Otherwise, working out on a treadmill feels like, well, being on a treadmill. I do like the results of going to the gym. I just don’t get all excited about going.

Goldenboy, yes, i’m still in DT in O/G. Your moving to Fannin BOA building?

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I think any athlete or serious trainer will tell > you, you’re not going to see a lot of gains with > less than 6 hours sleep. > agreed, that why 3.30/40 is something of a floor for my marathon times, did much better in college where I had more time but then who cares about running a marathon fast, I would not sleep more (and live less) just to run a 10k below 38mins, not worth it, not important

So what is important then? Money, initiations?

I lift weights twice a week with my co-workers during lunch time and boulder twice a week, stretch every night - feels great. I have to get at least 7 hours of sleep, otherwise can’t function well.

My gym is worth more than four million dollars, your gym isn’t even worth four. My gym has stockholders, your gym doesn’t even have cup holders.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I find the gym incredibly boring. It helps that > some of them have televisions where you can watch > the news or a Spanish telenovella. Otherwise, > working out on a treadmill feels like, well, being > on a treadmill. > > I do like the results of going to the gym. I just > don’t get all excited about going. i hated the treadmill in the beginning, unable to finish 10mins even with eight TV screens, 27 radio channels and all type of personal music device/books you name it then got into shorter distance running (ie 10ks) and found out that running intervals can be done v efficiently on a treadmill: ie 5-10 mins warmup, stretching, 16 x 200metres and off the treadmill (during the interval you dont feel like on a treadmill, it feels like track running and its so tough you are not getting bored) and you cant slow down or chaet on a treadmill as you tend to do on a track was my fastest year ever (on short long distances)

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So what is important then? Money, initiations? euhm, personal life? friends, husbands, family = always a nice “squeeze in” between work and sleep time

yes… lots of i banks moving into that building

Man, I need to get a life then…mine looks like this. Work, workout, drink and golf.

it is actually louisiana street

turkish… not a bad life… I would say you are doing well.

Appreciate the props, goldenboy. Let me ask you this, do you have a son named “Baby blue”?

what???!!???

So goldenboy is not a Seinfeld reference…good, we can move on

oh, i didn’t know there was a BOA on Lousiana. I know there’s a lot of I-Banks in Two Houston Building (Fannin).

“euhm, personal life? friends, husbands, family = always a nice “squeeze in” between work and sleep time” Nice. I have to “squeeze in” personal life, friends, family. Sad, gotta get my priority straight.

I worked with ML - Energy in that building BS,Citi, Simmons, DB and Sanders Morris are all in B of A… I think RJ - Energy ER too

Bambi, do you stretch in the middle of your workout? Does it seem to help? Do you stretch afterwards?

Goldenboy was nickname from college… 09 was my number…