How many people in this forum doing sh:t jobs?

I was just wondering how many people in this forum with L1 and L2’s who are still stuck doing crap jobs? I do data entry and am hoping to move into more meaningful stuff someday. Anyone else in similar situations?

Right here, dealing with retail people…hate it.

me working on middle office software development.

me ^^both_hands_up^^

Me too. However, I’m going on a 3rd round interview this week for a MO job. It will be a lot of data entry crap, but at least I’ll be working directly with PM’s, real analysts, and doing some analytical projects here and there.

my job’s pretty interesting, but it’s not a pure finance job - i’m in corp strategy. i work on a lot of m&a, but the rest is pretty project based (marketing, pricing analysis, new product development, etc). I’ll be looking to transfer into more of a pure finance role soon, though. i have experience in corporate treasury, but it’ll still be tough to find a position that won’t feel like a step back from where i am now.

dspapo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > my job’s pretty interesting, but it’s not a pure > finance job - i’m in corp strategy. i work on a > lot of m&a, but the rest is pretty project based > (marketing, pricing analysis, new product > development, etc). > > I’ll be looking to transfer into more of a pure > finance role soon, though. i have experience in > corporate treasury, but it’ll still be tough to > find a position that won’t feel like a step back > from where i am now. I am in the same exact position.

Me too. I am in a PMO role and meddling through Project management. Target is to move into a relevant job by Summer/Fall 2009, assuming market for these jobs becomes “Worse” from “Worst”

TheChad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dspapo Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > my job’s pretty interesting, but it’s not a > pure > > finance job - i’m in corp strategy. i work on > a > > lot of m&a, but the rest is pretty project > based > > (marketing, pricing analysis, new product > > development, etc). > > > > I’ll be looking to transfer into more of a pure > > finance role soon, though. i have experience > in > > corporate treasury, but it’ll still be tough to > > find a position that won’t feel like a step > back > > from where i am now. > > > I am in the same exact position. No kidding. That makes three of us.

Quality Analyst, Software Engineer but had enough of Sh*t.

TheChad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dspapo Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > my job’s pretty interesting, but it’s not a > pure > > finance job - i’m in corp strategy. i work on > a > > lot of m&a, but the rest is pretty project > based > > (marketing, pricing analysis, new product > > development, etc). > > > > I’ll be looking to transfer into more of a pure > > finance role soon, though. i have experience > in > > corporate treasury, but it’ll still be tough to > > find a position that won’t feel like a step > back > > from where i am now. > > > I am in the same exact position. Me too… But there’s no way I want to find a new job…:wink:

data entry , market value updates and valuations for hedge funds, direct investments and real estate. which are all basic data entry. Im sick of my job, just resigned and fortunately moving to HSBC Global banking and markets department as a Relationship manager. What do you think ? my current job is at sovereign wealth fund accounts department, huge potential but stone age mentality management. So, I resigned and had 1 year experience. Now applied at HSBC and got an offer with 2x my current package. job title is : Global Banking and Markets Manager , although the title looks interesting but i will be mostly doing relationship manager tasks. any comments ? please feel free to say anything.

Nimrod, get close to your clients, nurture them and hope they ask you to join them a year or two from now.

ya thats will be my target. Its not like a shi* job , the relationship manager. I also will be involved in risk management , assessing the riskiness of projected future cash flows for different companies. I wont be doing the forecast though, ratio analysis will have a weight in my role. So I will focus on the “en route to the ultimate charter” and will see what happens. Thanks chief

im a bartender, i get drunk and bang chicks…good gig :slight_smile:

jimyoung82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > im a bartender, i get drunk and bang > chicks…good gig :slight_smile: SINCE YOUR SCREEN NAME IS BASED ON A CHARACTER OFF BOILER ROOM, I KNOW YOU ARE FULL OF IT. BE MORE ORIGINAL!!!

hahahah ur a smart mo fo…but its actually true…i am a bartender…no joke…good call on teh boiler room ref though

I used to have a sweet job at a fixed income shop pricing derivatives. I know work for S&P and do nothing but sit around bored contemplating suicide.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jimyoung82 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > im a bartender, i get drunk and bang > > chicks…good gig :slight_smile: > > > SINCE YOUR SCREEN NAME IS BASED ON A CHARACTER OFF > BOILER ROOM, I KNOW YOU ARE FULL OF IT. BE MORE > ORIGINAL!!! just because you watch boiler room every night by yourself while crushing natties…

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > > > just because you watch boiler room every night by > yourself while crushing natties… not anymore. i watched it so much the DVD barely works. and i upgraded to magic hat, no more natty