How many years did it take you to pass all three levels?

How many years did it take you to pass all three levels - - how many attempts at L1, L2, L3?

2 years Started with December 2006, then June 2007 and finally June 2008. That s pretty much the grand slam for me!

3/3 in 18 months. We’re not better than anyone else. We just choose to not have a life.

frisian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 3/3 in 18 months. We’re not better than anyone > else. We just choose to not have a life. Agree. Sacrificed social life and networking opportunities.

I did CPA followed by CFA. Glad that I even found a husband.

3yrs. 2005 - 2008. Also did CTP & CPA during that time.

frisian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 3/3 in 18 months. We’re not better than anyone > else. We just choose to not have a life. In the same group. Agree with your statement.

8 years.

1. June 06-June08

jrumph Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > frisian Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 3/3 in 18 months. We’re not better than anyone > > else. We just choose to not have a life. > > > In the same group. Agree with your statement. same

2 years for me, started in June 2006 for level 1. I dont think I am better than anyone, I just sacrificed my social life and a lot of fun during the past 2 years to study. … broke up right after finishing level II (hard a bit) and no time to start a relation so far. But it is life, anyway. If it is the right person, it does not matter whether you sit for the CFA exam or not, you keep being together. I am glad for anyone who found a husband in the course of your study. Congratulation !

3/4 i guess 2.5 yrs failed jun 06, but passed dec 06, jun 07 and jun 08 and my wedding is next week… now no more exams my whole life…

parmesan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > now no more exams my whole life… don’t be so sure

“i went 3/3, which makes me a better financial chartered analyst” -->quote from my resume

2 years start from Dec 2006. Finish both CFA and FRM from that till now

Same. Not that it implies we have superior ability in any way. frisian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 3/3 in 18 months. We’re not better than anyone > else. We just choose to not have a life.

I hope this post inspires a few people not to give up hope. Took level I, passed on first try. Took level II, passed on FOURTH TRY. Took level III, passed on first try. So all in all, six years. I was thisclose to not taking level 2 on my fourth try (accounting was always a hurdle for me) but, now I’m glad I did and that it paid off. There is NO SECRET FORMULA to passing. I’ve used Schweser, Stalla, and CFAI texts throughout the years. I really think if I studied 100 more hours, it wouldn’t have changed anything on how I did on exam day. The exam itself is a crapshoot. For level 3, I used both Schweser and CFAI texts. Neither was better than the other. I think the best thing that prepared me for this exam was practicing IPS questions over and over til I knew what they were looking for cold and knew how to answer quickly and not panic on the actual thing. A co worker had a book on the old practice exams and that helped a lot too–I noticed some of the questions this year was similar in format to some old exams. I think I only passed due to decent IPS scores, and nailing ethics and equity on multiple choice (all big points on the exam), because otherwise I didn’t score so great in other sections. I do regret that I spent the better part of my 20s studying for this thing, and can’t believe it’s finally over! It is the best feeling in the world though, so if you’re almost there, keep going for it if you can.

frisian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 3/3 in 18 months. We’re not better than anyone > else. We just choose to not have a life. Same

Parmesan…surely you jest! I’ve been married 5 years. Every day is an exam. What part of “Does this make me look ___?” not sound like an unanswerable exam question? 3 for 3. Sort of like Phelps. Ok maybe not. Dec 06, June 07, June 08. I’m retiring. Going out at the top.

3/3 21 months ( dec,june,june) i was in a social lockdown for 21 months