how much does level II cost

If I find out that I passed Level One on July 29th, then I will want to sign up for Level II. I was wondering if those who have taken Level II could glean some insight on all the costs associated with Level II. Like: Registration Fee- Reccomended Study Programs- Calculator -(allready have one from Level I) Etc- Thanks-

My expenses were: Items Value, $ Level 2 exam enrollment 688 Qbank 349 Secret Sauce 100 Mock exam 100

7 months

Registration Fee: 600.00 USD Two BAII Plus Financial Calculators: 57.98 USD Schweser Premium Study Solution: 783.20 USD Schweser Audio CDs: 150.00 USD Schweser Secret Sauce: 70.00 USD Schweser Flash Cards: 100.00 USD John Harris Level II Accounting Seminar: 495.00 USD CFA Online Tests and Practice Exams: 180.00 USD Total cost of the L2 program: $2,436.18 Having two “balance of payments” questions on the afternoon exam: Priceless Some things money can’t buy, for everything else just sell your soul to CFAI. :wink:

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 7 months thats the biggest one. 250 hrs is worth 2k working a min wage job in california… i’d venture to say if your sitting for the exam, your time is worth more.

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Registration Fee: 600.00 USD > Two BAII Plus Financial Calculators: 57.98 USD > Schweser Premium Study Solution: 783.20 USD > Schweser Audio CDs: 150.00 USD > Schweser Secret Sauce: 70.00 USD > Schweser Flash Cards: 100.00 USD > John Harris Level II Accounting Seminar: 495.00 > USD > CFA Online Tests and Practice Exams: 180.00 USD > > Total cost of the L2 program: $2,436.18 > > Having two “balance of payments” questions on the > afternoon exam: Priceless > > Some things money can’t buy, for everything else > just sell your soul to CFAI. > :slight_smile:

The real cost is emotional and psychic … The real gain from the process is developing DISCPLINE and may be finding your CONCENTRATION back…

dollar cost - nothing to worry about personal cost - Social Life Though it’s not all bad news, you’ll also get to gain something… fat.

and may be some hair loss or white hair … may be some increased Cholestrol level to go along with the fat … and increase in self awareness as to where one feels acute tension in the body and how it feels … :slight_smile: I guess i am taking it too far …LOL Have fun :slight_smile:

15 lbs and 2 inches on my waistline. And a deficit of about 150 hours in the gym I’m still paying back.

^ same other than that as far as money is concerned just the exam registration for me

Exam Fee (came with books, of course). I missed the first deadline, but still registerd pretty early – what was that? about $600+ all of the CFA mock exams and sample exams. so, another $180. I also paid a whopping $35 for my local CFA society’s mock exam that they put on. They used the the BSAS exam and lunch was included. what a steal! So, looking at around or just over $800 for me in money spent for me for L2 so far. I hope that I pass. Level 1 for me was “free” as work paid my enrollment fee, exam fee, and the L1 books, so. at that time, i think all of that came up to something like $1,200+ so actually I’ve only sunk $800 into the program. If we are looking at time spent, I probably only studied around 100 hours for L1 (if that) and for L2, although I did about 200-250 hours (I stopped keeping track around 200), I probably did over half of that at work during down time, so really not too bad so far.

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Having two “balance of payments” questions on the > afternoon exam: Priceless No kidding

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Registration Fee: 600.00 USD > Two BAII Plus Financial Calculators: 57.98 USD > Schweser Premium Study Solution: 783.20 USD > Schweser Audio CDs: 150.00 USD > Schweser Secret Sauce: 70.00 USD > Schweser Flash Cards: 100.00 USD > John Harris Level II Accounting Seminar: 495.00 > USD > CFA Online Tests and Practice Exams: 180.00 USD > > Total cost of the L2 program: $2,436.18 > > Having two “balance of payments” questions on the > afternoon exam: Priceless > > Some things money can’t buy, for everything else > just sell your soul to CFAI. > > :wink: Dwight, Was the Schweser secret sauce helpful at all? Just curious. Thanks. n

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Registration Fee: 600.00 USD > Two BAII Plus Financial Calculators: 57.98 USD > Schweser Premium Study Solution: 783.20 USD > Schweser Audio CDs: 150.00 USD > Schweser Secret Sauce: 70.00 USD > Schweser Flash Cards: 100.00 USD > John Harris Level II Accounting Seminar: 495.00 > USD > CFA Online Tests and Practice Exams: 180.00 USD > > Total cost of the L2 program: $2,436.18 > > Having two “balance of payments” questions on the > afternoon exam: Priceless > > Some things money can’t buy, for everything else > just sell your soul to CFAI. > > :wink: Dwight, you just made my day

------------------------------------------------------- > Dwight Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > > Some things money can’t buy, for everything > else > > just sell your soul to CFAI. > > > > :wink: > CFAI === The Devil ! that’s interesting

dwight is right…thats about what I spent…plus figure travel expenses if you do live seminars outside the area. I did everything there but the flashcards and had to fly to attend John Harris…definitely worthwhile if you have a light accounting background

are you asking explicit costs or implicit costs?

http://cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/register/fees.html Will it cost $600 or $990 if I register for L2 tomorrow? I’ve never taken L2.

$600 - you dont have to pay the enrollment fee again.