How'd you do?? CFA 2006 exam (from Schweser)

I couldn’t specifically find a post on how everyone did on the 96 question exam in the Book 7 of Schweser, that is from the 2006 test?

82%

72%

75% for me… Was it easier than Schweser, did you guys think? I did better on it than I did on the 4 previous Schweser exams I had taken (only by a little, and I took it last, so I should have been improving)…

I felt it was quite a bit easier but FSA was light (1 vignette only) and there was no Econ.

83%… Im trying to stay extremly motivated these last few days…I think the last few days mean the most…as far as studying goes…

I didnt realize there were only 96 questions when I started, I did 60 Friday night got 67%, went to bed and did the other 36 questions in the morning and got 81% on those. Overall 72% Anyone else see big scoring differences between tests done at night vs the day? Its like my mind stops functioning when I am tired.

ok, this is probably a “should have asked a month ago” question. but what/where is this book 7? did i have to purchase it separately from study guide (and book 6 just came with it)? where’s the best place for me to do a free, highly representative exam tonight??? i’ve done all of book 6

70% for me

85%… found it much much easier than any of the other exams…keeping my fingers crossed that saturday will show us a similar exam!

mumukada Nice score, you are in LOCK

82% – very fair exam.

Westbruin, open your official CFA books (that pile of paper in its original box somewhere in a cabinet). CFAI has included 16 vignettes of the 2006 exam throughout the curriculum. Go to the end of reading questions and you’ll see a 2006 exam logo there. All Schweser has done is bundle these. From the top of my head: Ethics 2 x Quant 2 x FSA 1 x Corp. Fin 2x Ethics 4x FI 2x Deriv 2x PM 1x westbruin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ok, this is probably a “should have asked a month > ago” question. > > but what/where is this book 7? did i have to > purchase it separately from study guide (and book > 6 just came with it)? > > where’s the best place for me to do a free, highly > representative exam tonight??? i’ve done all of > book 6

Its funny though, everyone thinks the 2006 exam was easy but let me tell you, I knew several very bright people from a very large hedge fund in Chicago and 2 of them failed that 2006 exam and I KNOW they studied for it. Odd huh?

Chicago, that explains it :wink:

there are 4 item sets missing…that should explain it.

I did not find the 2006 exam easy - just fair. There were still tricks here and there. Compared to Shitser, it was easier though IMO

At least I knew what they wanted to know from me.

not taking this test. all the questions are from the CFAI texts (those marked as 2006 exam questions). would be a prejudiced score if i tested.

I got 81/96=84%. I didn’t do well on PM (3/6) or that item set on the swiss watch company (3/6). One thing to note is that a few questions are outdated. In PM, for example, they mention trading volume’s effect on beta but that’s not in the curriculum.