how's an 80 ?

To Ultmustang I’ve not yet completed my MBA finance. I’m in the final semester and its a regular course. I’m doing it from SIBM, pune, India. Prior to MBA I’ve done B. Tech in Chemical Engineering. Before preparing for CFA Level I, my quants, corporate finance, FSA and derivatives were decent. And i luckily had a break from college at just the right time. So i used to study atleast 12 odd hours a day without fail. so thats around 150 hours for the whole preparation. I’m not bragging but being an engineer and half an MBA makes you become capable to study for hours at a stretch. I also trade in equities and derivatives and so the derivatives concepts were well developed before hand. My exam wasn’t satisfactory but if 65% is the cut off then i think i shouldn’t worry too much. But till the time the result’s out, there’s going to be some tension. No offense meant to anyone on this forum.

Apologies to you, this i take as a good and constructive post :slight_smile:

Ultmustang Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > An MBA from where? Some online college? > > > People here participating in AF put months into > the CFA exam and giving up a lot of things. If > you’re that good, show your talent elsewhere, > apply it at work or something … don’t be a D|||BAG Wow… this is pretty inflammatory. You need to settle down. The guy asked a simple question and has repeatedly apologized if his post came off as arrogant. Let it go.

Pune is a city? Hmmm, I read that completely different… 80/120 is a reasonable expectation. However, you will either pass or fail and you will never know by how much. I’ve noticed that most people who pass regularly score above 80% on Schweser consistently.

gurjeet Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks a lot non_kool and Tokyo. > I’ll try my best to not use slangs on this forum. > Anyways, when do you expect the result to be > declared ? I got my campus placements begining in > a couple of weeks and it would be nice to be able > to mention a Level I on my CV if at all that > happens. Cheers man… It’s a tense time for all of us… Hope we all did well…

apcarlso Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ultmustang Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > An MBA from where? Some online college? > > > > > > > People here participating in AF put months into > > the CFA exam and giving up a lot of things. If > > you’re that good, show your talent elsewhere, > > apply it at work or something … don’t be a > D|||BAG > > > Wow… this is pretty inflammatory. You need to > settle down. The guy asked a simple question and > has repeatedly apologized if his post came off as > arrogant. Let it go. I agree. looks like you guys have too much time on your hands to pick on gurjeet.

gurjeet Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got the answer !!! > Wonder how many of you all can manage an MBA … > ? hehe ! this is post from gurjeet seems as if he’s trying to infer he is superior…just my .02

gurjeet Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks a lot non_kool and Tokyo. > I’ll try my best to not use slangs on this forum. > Anyways, when do you expect the result to be > declared ? I got my campus placements begining in > a couple of weeks and it would be nice to be able > to mention a Level I on my CV if at all that > happens. look it up. if you dont know where to look up exam results, you really shouldn’t have taken LI at all…

this thread is nothing but a waste of bandwidth at this point

how did this turn into a pity party? it had the potential to be so much FUN.

Come on guys… We ragged our new entrant enough :slight_smile: Regd your question, I think if anyone does well on FSA and ethics, they have a good chance.

This guy gets on sb’s nerves just because he is doing MBA and got a 80 in 12 days. So the lesson for new guys is in the post don’t mention it if you are a MBA, and if you really want to say it, just say you got it from a online shcool. Not many people here are doing a combo so MBA and CFA are mutully exclusive. And make sure when you say your score it’s persentage and only mention it when it’s lower than 70%, otherwise you will get buried alive. Just kidding!

Its funny how some of you guys act as though you own analyst forum - making rules about how to ask questions and acting like toddlers. Why respond to a question if you think its bogus? Just move on to another thread if you have nothing constructive to contribute. Some of you need to grow up!! Gurjeet, Don’t bother explaining yourself to some of these idiots. Only bow down to those who are willing to do the same to you…otherwise they’re just a waste of time.

80/120…MBA…CFA…11-12 days… Every market needs speculators so that profitable opportunities arise for the long term investor. Same goes with AF…so much speculation about grades and answers. No-one knows who passed and who failed at this point, nor does anyone know the minimum passing score. So I’ll add to the speculation and say 80/120 is a definite fail…hmm maybe not.

^haha rrmm…the same can be said to you about moving on.

wow.

Thanks for the support “rrmm”

Gurjeet, one question. If you are so concerned about passing, shouldn’t you have prepped for a longer time period so that you scored 81/120?

Yes Sweft. I’m sure everyone who appeared for the test must be concerned about the result and most of them must be thinking that they should’ve put a little more time. 65% doesn’t appear too tuff to get but still i’m a little doubtful.

Gurjeet, I have an MBA in Finance too. I wish I had known that would fast-track me. Stupid me, I put BOS in test code, instead of MBA. Plus, I have 10 years of IB experience, but I didn’t see any space for that either. Oh, and I studied about 600 hours for this beast. And I STILL found it incredibly hard. What’s up with that?