How's the prep going?

makes sense. good luck and thanks for the feedback.

Did quant, and economics. Going to start up again this Sat. I found it hard getting back into studying. Dec should be better.

IMO it should be a marathon unless you already know most of the stuff

I am the same at Turk. I dont have time on weekdays…but I can pretty much plan on getting in 24+ hrs on the weekends. 7am-11pm both days.

“IMO it should be a marathon unless you already know most of the stuff” Our opinions differ.

jbisback Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am the same at Turk. I dont have time on > weekdays…but I can pretty much plan on getting > in 24+ hrs on the weekends. 7am-11pm both days. Wow jb! That’s quite a marathon, huh?

yah- true story - I find I can tackle a subject much easier if I dive into it and go all out for several hours at a time…as opposed to a few hours here and there throughout the week. You should see the amt of coffee I go through though…its insane. It sounds stupid…but I love walking out my office at 11pm knowing that I put in a solid effort-i truly feel smarter at the end of the day. whatever gets you off i guess…

Yeah, I know what you mean. it’s the same with me. When I’m charged up…I’m really…really…charged.

I’m in Turkish’s boat. Plan all along has been to start January 1, which I feel will give me plenty of time to get through all the material in three months and then (hopefully) relax and do practice exams for the last two. I don’t know how to judge or measure burnout, but I’d be shocked if some of you who will have been studying for nine months don’t notice a significant decline…however, to each his/her own. Good luck to all, and I do look forward to when the forum is filled with actual content questions rather than the lull it’s been in for the past several months.

I’ve read through ethics, fsa and hope to finish corporate finance this weekend. everything seems boring to me. I think by february I shd be good to do some real intensive studying.

Hi all, I started on Oct 14 and have tried to pace myself. I done ethics and got bog down in quant. I should be taking practice q’s on quant this week and do econ in Dec and to finish the yr with cum q’s on ethics, quant and econ. good luck everyone.

cfasamadu, we seem to have done the exact same stuff till now. I’m doing Asset val now and should be done tonight. I’ll start Equity Val. tomorrow.

This is my first post! Looks like a lot of you have started. I don’t really know when I can start–probably mid-Jan. It’s amazing (and tough) how some of us are juggling other things (like mvt9 has a kid on the way…) I hope I can make enough time to study for this and pass.

ruhi22, I am going to put the studying on hold cos I just shot myself into a new relationship last night. I am taking about two weeks off and after that I will welcome her to by CFA-sucking life. I hope she understands cos my last girl left me a month b4 the level 1 exams. Terrible!!

cfasamadu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ruhi22, I am going to put the studying on hold cos > I just shot myself into a new relationship last > night. I am taking about two weeks off and after > that I will welcome her to by CFA-sucking life. I > hope she understands cos my last girl left me a > month b4 the level 1 exams. Terrible!! Wow…wonderful time to find a new love, huh? All the best. :slight_smile: I wouldn’t be able to take the distraction.

I am done with Equity, Fixed Income, Derivatives. Currently working on Quant. I am ordering my Schwesor materials December 1st.

ruhi22 Wrote: > > > Wow…wonderful time to find a new love, huh? All > the best. :slight_smile: I wouldn’t be able to take the > distraction. yeah I gotta agree, i was just thinking about that today. thats just not the right game/battle to get involved with right now.

actually,i didnot even begin studying it

I have worked (read: struggled) my way through equity valuation and now touching eco lightly. I have a week off mid December which I intend to use to make some more serious progress but I’m working too hard and am too tired to do it in my off-time. It’ll have to change, though! Must pass… must pass… must pass… Knowing that all of us here are ahead of many many others is a bit comforting though. For me it’s a sprint… then rest… little sprint again… rest… etc etc and then the last two weeks are a serious sprint. Call it interval training :wink:

Started this week, read quant, lots of regression and hypothesis test, aiming at finishing quant by this friday, including after chapter problems, (might be tough) then go on to econ, etc, will accord to the order of sessions for level I, I used CFA curricula exclusively, for level II, I don;t know yet… should i get schweser? suggestions on study materials?