How's the prep going?

My $0.02 is to get Q-Bank. Reading the CFA material is working quite well for me but afterwards I do want to do some practice Q’s online to see if I’m getting the concepts well.

mcpass, are you going cfai material only? (not including qbank.)

I’m going through the CFA material now. I’m testing myself with the Q-bank questions to make sure I get the concepts. I skip the CFA end-of-reading q’s because I want to do them closer to the exam. I do have the study notes but will use them mainly to look up things, not as pure study material.

I’m gonna start when I get my results from LI, the time lag to get exam results kind of puts you at a strategic disadvantage, the potential to waste my time starting studying for L2 will put my start date for hitting the books at ~January 17th. So good luck to the other level I’ers who are in my shoes, to the rest of you GL, IMO you guys are ahead of the game.

Hi everyone… It’s good to be back. Have just moved to a new job so it’ll be knocking my brains and I have less time compared to my previous job. Good thing I started somewhat early. I finished with Fixed Income, Derivatives and Quant because I needed to confirm I have a good grasp of them with my new position as senior market risk analyst for the banking group i just joined. Lots of interesting modelling to do! and it’s not exactly fashion shows we’re talking about here :wink: Good to know others have struggled with the quant somewhat as I have. Moving on to Portfolio Management next… and will start doing Qbank as soon as I get the CD… Good luck to all!

All, Seems I’m lagging behind somewhat!! I’m going to blast through FSA before the end of this week and then hit Corp finance/PM through to mid-next week with a view to finishing up the entire course once through by 1 Jan. I’m currently working through Schweser, though referencing the CFAI material when I’m unclear on certain LOS. I’ve yet to get to Fixed Income/Derivatives, I’ve heard it’s a be’atch!! lol Have any of you an opinion on the CFA Lvl 2 fixed income/derivatives component? Cheers

Almost Done with FI, then I’ll only have Derivative & PM left to read. Trying to get all the CFAI materials read before my weekly class starts. I’m surprisingly motivated for this time of year.

im done SS6,1,10 and working on finishing 3, QM is pretty thorough and comprehensive this year, took me 4 days to finish reading 11 and qs

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have worked (read: struggled) my way through > equity valuation and now touching eco lightly. I > have a week off mid December which I intend to use > to make some more serious progress but I’m working > too hard and am too tired to do it in my > off-time. > > It’ll have to change, though! Must pass… must > pass… must pass… > > Knowing that all of us here are ahead of many many > others is a bit comforting though. > > For me it’s a sprint… then rest… little sprint > again… rest… etc etc and then the last two > weeks are a serious sprint. Call it interval > training :wink: MCpass, I’m doing equity valuation now…and it’s quite dull and boring. I’m using th Curriculum as my main reading, but I feel that some parts are just unnecessary and don’t address the LOS directly.

Sweet dreams… it can be very boring at times. I do like seeing the different parts of the curriculum coming together so you cannot actually see them as completely separate. Start to look like real life more and more.

good to see old Ids back in reckoning:)

Just finished ethics and quant. Moving on to economics. Only in CFAI books. Getting Schweser in a few days.

Finished Corporate Finance (CFAI) -> Easy Finished Derivatives and Portfolio (CFAI) -> Lots of stuff 80% finished Equity and Valuation (Schweser) -> Lots of stuff, but not that difficult Plan: December: Finish Equity! January: FSA (CFAI) February: Fixed Income (Schweser) March: Quant, Economics April first 2 weeks: Ethics Last 6 weeks: Schweser All readings!!! + Exercices (3 weeks vacations) What do u think?

Finished Eco & Asset valuation yesterday. Now trying to finish corporate finance as well. Then I’ll move on to Quant I guess. It’s all going slower than I had hoped. This weekend I want to put some more time in again, weekdays… not working.

Getting through multiple regression right now, then on to econ. Already ran through ethichs but I will need to revisit towards the end of April.

I’m also saving Ethics for last. I do want to cover Quant before the end of this month.