I am being investigated by CFAI

Can I still write " Passed CFA Level II " on my resume while being investigated? Do I have to disclose the investigation to employers or interviewers?

Thank you

If a person discloses some other candidate’s e-mail and posted in violation of codes, should the innocent party be punished?

If Passme wrotes CFAI saying “my posts as Passme, do not vilalates etc…”, that will fill the missing relationship which I mentioned above.

If you say it was not me in the forum and unknown party has written my e-mail (remember many know our email address), how can CFAI prove it is you?

+1.

That’s why you can’t be charged (in Australia at least) of downloading movies. There’s no way of linking an IP address to an individual.

The same should apply with email addresses here. If I really wanted to get back at a CFA dude I don’t like… just post content of last year’s exam and say ‘for more info, pls email me at xxx@gmail.com’.

But I guess it’s too late to play the ‘that wasn’t me’ card…

This is just scary. Back to lurking for me.

I wouldn’t admit to anything, however, this isn’t the US legal system. I’m sure they can do just about whatever the want if they really want to do it.

If your email adress is the same as the one they have on file than you are really on a slippery slope when it comes to denying it.

that was’t me card is not logical at all… you would be violating standard of professional conduct

Passme …did you receive this letter through normal mail or Email ?

Great point, if they email you, make sure to say, “Hey, CFAI, this isn’t who you think it is.”

So the message board of potential charterholders’ collective advice to the person being investigated for an ethics violation is to lie to CFAI?!?! Come on guys.

I feel for someone who may lose years of work, but posts like the following (third one down) will not help…

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91312342

I think the censoring began at the time the website holder had opened a topic called “Do not discuss the exam questions”. For PASSME, i think, the best way is to wait for their decission (which, i hope, will be just a warning) and then to submit 'em a petition containing a promise not to be catched up again.

That’s a hard hit.

this is a very sad situation after all the time he put into the cfa this and all the post he made on this site to keep the community alive.

That comment hs been removed. Now just a *.

Good luck. I know someone who got investigated for Level 1 December exam, got told he passed in Feb, signed up last day for L2 and just passed L2. Being investigated doesn’t automatically mean the end of the line.

Well, you kinda screwed yourself now. You could have just said, “Nope. Wasn’t me. Don’t know anything about it.” But you just admitted on here where the whole world could see that you are guilty as charged.

If they can find out who you are and send correspondence to your home address, then they can most certainly pull your past posts and find out what you said. The best thing you can do (IMHO) is to throw yourself at the mercy of the court, and beg for forgiveness. Maybe you’ll just get a reprimand.

I d rather screw myself by being honest than denying facts and get myself kicked out of the program for good.

I have never disclosed any information to the CFAI on any user as that would be a violation of the privacy policy. CFAI does monitor AF and does ask me to remove certain posts. If it ever came down to having to give up any user’s private information, I would give up the charter that I worked many years to obtain (I take your privacy that seriously).

Wow Chad that is quite a statement and great to hear. It is good for us to be able to have a forum to speak openly without breaking the rules we pledged to abide by of course.

Respect and thank you.

Also, I just want to point out that boardmembers do not have access to personal information so there is no “snitch” among us. I suspect that an email address posted in a previous thread was used to make the connection. This was the case in the guys emailing the spreadsheet which was pretty was a clear violation. I would also add that I disagree with CFAI’s approach of prohibiting discussion of the exam after it has been administered around the world. The mission of the organization is to protect investors by educating investment professionals. I believe the prohibition against discussion works against this mission. I do understand their need to protect from people re-creating the exam.