I am being investigated by CFAI

chad , I appreciate what you provide and all the effort you put in to create this remarkable website.

It is tough being in your position as moderator , seeing how people come to the border of abusing the privilege they have in freely expressing their ideas.

I wish all of us respected this idea of privilege and responsibility and create an environment where everyone feels safe and never go to the edge of abuse . At the very least it would demonstrate ethical principles they are embracing as they walk down their path to the charter .

Chad-Thank you for posting on this issue, I think people wanted to hear from you and your comments are welcome. Criticizing the CFAI is not a violation (it is actually an important part of the feedback process) and to that end, I think you are 100% correct. Just so you know, my earlier comment about censorship was not directed at site directors, but rather at self-censorship driven by fear or reprisals.

:slight_smile:

you sing … we’ll judge

He was investigated for exam misconduct. A little different, but the CFA said his exam book was missing pages or something like that and he said he didn’t do anything.

I’m really sorry for creator of this thread who is being investigated by CFAI. One has to go through a lot of studying and hard work and sacrifice in order to study for these exams. That being said, you all should know that CPA exam also prohibits discussing the content of the exam with anybody else. In other words, I guess it is just a common practice among certification institutions. They take this matter very seriously. Although I don’t understand logic, I think they make it very clear that no discussion of exam concent.

I also do not understand the former nor the later. When the people discuss problems after the exam has occurred and provided there is no concurrent detailed feedback from the CFAI to failed candidates, this is our natural desire to find out how we did on the exam. The only way to fulfill that is to discuss and therefore to hear different opinions and solutions to the problems in question. Tell me please, how a failed candidate can correct his\her shortcomings in the preparation process if there no detailed feedback received? The CFAI offers you to revise the whole gross theme which is unhelpful. So, the CFAI doesnot help to pass the exam. Another point i would like to underline sounds like this - in order to limit the past exam problem discussions the CFAI should shrink the exam grading time.

Well Jeffsick also received a letter and apparently didn’t have his email on the site. Anyone know what happened in this case?

Chad,

Thanks for taking some time and explain us your/the website point of view in regards of the privacy policy. I respect you as a CFA chartholder and as a buisness man. Even with that statement we should be very carefull in respect of any kind of violation since this story sounds to me like a nightmare. This forum helped me a lot for L2 and I’m looking forward to have nice discussion with L3 candidate in the coming year. I hope for PASSME sake that everything will be just fine.

Regarding the spreedsheet case, that was just stupid. CFA made a point with that case and I think most of the CFA members understand and agree with the sanctions.

When you delete a Thread, do you give access to the CFAi even when it’s deleted/hidden?

thanks for all your work and creating a real CFA community.

@chad

Hat off to you.

@Passme

Still possible to play “It was not me card”

The thread “Breakeven” has been removed (I couldn’t find it in search results, but available in google cache). That was a fantastic discussion started prior to exam. Which discussed concepts beyond CFAI material, IMHO. Though there were “after exam” replies (which may violate ethics), only those replies could be removed while retaining “before exam” replies.

What is the logic/intention behind removing the whole thread (if it has been removed actually)?

Bump for Jeffsick? And sorry to hear this passme, I agree it would be best not to play the “it wasn’t me” card becasue I’m sure the burden of proof for the CFAI is pretty low. Since the test will be released to the public in 3 months its obvious you’re intent was not to cheat, maybe they will just make you wash the dishes at the next CFA luncheon. Good luck

Hi Passme.

Did you receive your PCP investigation via email or snail mail? Just curious?

If you received it via email, obviously you can’t use the “It is not me” defence.

Vo

I was around when this happened and the two individuals made no effort to hide their identities. I think their AF handles were their actual names and they basically said they were reconstructing the exam and to email them at firstnamelastname@gmail.com if you wanted a copy. Even Chief Inspector Clouseau would have been able to nail them.

@Chad - you just earned a lot of respect from all of us by putting up such a bold statement, kudos! This definitely reassures that we all can safely come back to AF and have care-free discussions w/o having our personal details leaked out to regulatory bodies. Thanks again.

Wow Chad. So as long as I don’t post my email address here, CFAI has no way of finding out who I am and hence can’t charge me with a violation?

That assurance feels so good, not that I will take it as a free pass to violate the rules, but at least I don’t have to worry about getting investigated for retarded shit like this.

Hambuurgoeur

Hi Passme.

This is very unfortunate and ridiculous. I always thought that what many of us were doing was harmless and not a violation. We were never discussing the questions directly. None of us mentioned any topic specifically. You just happened to post your email address in an unrelated post and that got you in right?

Please keep us updated. I am getting a strong feeling that the whole episode might end up with a mere warning. Let us hope for the best.

Regards

P

Hi Passsme,

Hope you got off with a warning. Please update us. The so called minor violators get shafted while big time liers get off without anybody noticing.

It is all about being politically correct. As a society we the humans are responsible for such a sorry state of affairs. People are forced to lie to fall in line with the expecations of the society.

P