I am Getting Jacked by HR

Ha

really!! You guys gonna really take over my tread with this animation BS.

I need solutions! America needs solutions!

here you go

To Iteracom:

To OP:

nice!

lol at the GIF’s.

@OP: You’re a fool. The reason why the comments in this thread have deviated from your situation is because no one thinks your in the right. You agreed to “$X”, got “$X*(1+Y)”, kept your mouth quiet, got found out and now the company (rightlyfully) wants their money back.

I found it pretty funny how you said no one was being “constructive”. In fact, they were, it’s just they didn’t agree with your little unethical scheme. Your new boss probably would’ve seen it as a honour move if you had corrected the payroll’s mistake immediately- and instead she/ he thinks you’re untrustworthy.

Finally, the title to this thread is a great example of ‘projection’. You “Jacked” HR, and you know it, now you’re crying about their (justifiable) treatment of yourself.

In the US state I lived if the employer does not catch an overpay within 90 days you are not legally required to give it back. Once I had a former employer pay me for three months after I quit. Plus I was already at the new job, so double pay checks. It was really great.

Thats awsome purealpha. Do you also keep the extra if some teenager at a cash register gives you too much change? What does you comment say about your ethics? Should we suppose that you conduct yourself the same way in your other business dealings.

If I ever lose my wallet, I hope you are not the one that finds it.

Really depends if you want to keep this job. You are finished if you don’t give it back.

If its a large amount of money and you don’t particularly value the job then you should probably just resign. They will probably try and get it back from you, but good luck with that, it’ll take them a long while.

To me this is the classic servant response. It’s absurd to try to create an ethical relationship between a human being and a corporation. The corporation has no ethics, exploitation of the human population to maximize profit is its only purpose. The human on the other hand is supposed to have ethics, which are then exploited by the corporation. It’s non-sense.

Unlikely I will find your wallet anywhere near my geographic location, but it just so happens I always track down the owner of wallets/cell phones. The humans I’m fine with, the corporations can go pound sand.

purealpha, you are a lowlife piece of garbage. Corporations are run by human beings, not machines. This isn’t 1984. Do you also steal from your employer items like computers and whatever you can get your hands on?

Whether you want to believe it or not you are a thief. If you knowlingly accepted money that you know you did not earn you should be in prison IMO.

Yea I’m agreeing with Blake on this one. purealpha, what’s wrong with you? A company can try to maximize profit just as a worker can try to maximize his income. But ethics still applies here.

xx double post

But it’s my birthday!

OP doesn’t work for a corporation, he works for a state government. So, it’s our tax dollars he was hoping to abscond with. Not that it’s okay to steal from a corporation either, well except for office supplies.

Stormyhotel, I’m finding myself agreeing with BMC here (at least, with his sentiments - our prisons are crowded enough that I’d say we don’t need to lock you up just yet). The fact is, the money isn’t yours. Just because the amount of money received appears “reasonable” to you (as in, a plausible amount to be paid for your work) doesn’t make it OK.

In your example, you said you were hired at “$3/hr” and actually paid “$10”, but later revealed that both of these were “simplifications” and not actual figures. I have no idea what your actual received vs. contractual pay gap is, but if it’s anywhere near that large (%age wise), you should have said something ages ago.

And for what it’s worth, I had this same situation - I got my first paycheck at a job a few years ago and discovered I was making about 10% more than I was hired at. I thought about it for maybe 10 seconds and then let my boss know.

He decided I could keep it. “You’ve been working hard, and I’d like it to stay that way. And thanks for letting me know.” This was after my first two weeks of work, and it made a big impression on me. I’d bet that my being honest with my boss made a bit of an impression on him, too.

I’m not saying that this is ‘the norm’ in any way, but many good things can come from being forthright with your employer and expecting them to be the same way with you. And, as you’re probably discovering, there are lots of unpleasant situations that can arise from being dishonest or misleading with your employer.

This is the “is it ethical to default on an underwater mortgage” argument all over again. That one got ugly. OP’s still an idiot.

Lol brainwash

BlackSwan…I strongly urge you without delay to order some of the sh*t juice that Deebo is slanging so you can be “occupied” and keep of my fuggin thread…

Thank you chicken T…That was one of the options I was considering.