I can't wait any longer.....

I am finally going to take a past year’s CFAI AM exam tonight. Scared as crap.

I only completed the 2008 exam because I thought it was the most relevant. It’s not so much the difficultly as the time constraint pressure.

The great part is that the more you do this you WILL walk into the exam with some uneasiness, but it dissipates the more examples you see. I think you will find 2006 and 2007 mornings doable. 2008 was generally more challenging.

mwvt…I took it today…and I think I was overly scared before I started…believe me! however the material is fair…and I did alright… I wouldn’t go as far to say the the time constraints were really reallly out there…I think there might have been a slight exxageration …I went over maybe 5-8 minutes…just the last question…which was I think a 6 point question… you’ll be fine…let us know how you do …!

Using the 40/60/80 scoring technique, it seems like I scored a 59% on last years AM session. Having done it over, and using conservative scoring, I scored an 80% which I guess is good enough. The 2008 AM exam is a beast.

good luck mwvt!

ValueAddict Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I only completed the 2008 exam because I thought > it was the most relevant. It’s not so much the > difficultly as the time constraint pressure. I do not think is it the most relevant. As a matter of fact, if you dare to practice the individual and instutional porfolio for different past exams, you will feel very confortable for the hardest part of this exam. Dude practice make perfect. You will surprise to see that even though you know must of the materiel and cannot answer the questions quickly because of lack of practice. As we get it closer and closer, I would encourage everyone to practice as much as the could. because the last you need know is getting back and wait for another year, including myself.

I am thinking about skipping the required return calculation question and save it for the end. It is easy to waste a lot of time on this one and it is usually not worth many points… what do you think?

john722 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am thinking about skipping the required return > calculation question and save it for the end. It > is easy to waste a lot of time on this one and it > is usually not worth many points… > what do you think? True! I have not decide yet. i wil play by here ( not a good expression, but you get my point). I will wait and see and I feel there is any difficultties to calculate, i will skip it. As a matter of fact, i will do it for any question. Last year time was my ennemy # 1

john722 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am thinking about skipping the required return > calculation question and save it for the end. It > is easy to waste a lot of time on this one and it > is usually not worth many points… > what do you think? your plan is going to be made much more difficult if they have a Part B in which you have to asset allocate.

tibwa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ValueAddict Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I only completed the 2008 exam because I > thought > > it was the most relevant. It’s not so much the > > difficultly as the time constraint pressure. > > > I do not think is it the most relevant. As a > matter of fact, if you dare to practice the > individual and instutional porfolio for different > past exams, you will feel very confortable for the > hardest part of this exam. Dude practice make > perfect. You will surprise to see that even though > you know must of the materiel and cannot answer > the questions quickly because of lack of > practice. > > As we get it closer and closer, I would encourage > everyone to practice as much as the could. because > the last you need know is getting back and wait > for another year, including myself. I’ve taken 2 Schweser exams, the 2008 AM exam, CFAI sample, CFAI mock, and plan on taking a full exam AM and PM prior to exam day. Should suffice.

so did you score and 86% or an 89%?

I don’t know how to grade the exam so I go with ranges. 2006 CFAI High=75% Low= 61%

Nice work. How did you feel about the test?

^^Did you take 2006 or 2008?

nicely played mw

That’s a great number, dubbs. And you should probably add back a few points since some of the material is no longer tested.

ilvino Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s a great number, dubbs. And you should > probably add back a few points since some of the > material is no longer tested. When do we get to sign the pledge. Wednesday? I’m looking forward to that as my call to arms.

you also have to add in the mwvt modesty premium of 5-10 extra points. good job, mwvt.

Monday night, mcleod. I believe tip-off is around 7:54 pm ET. I really have to bust it this weekend so I can sign that pledge with conviction.