I have a condition... called hDEC2

The biggest difference is i don’t have problem falling asleep, i can fall asleep normally (probably faster than most people) and i just naturally wake up after 4 hours and i don’t feel the need to get back to sleep.

Hmm… let me put it this way, i can sleep 4 hours and feel completely energized, and then if i have a VERY busy morning and 6 hours later can i take a 20min nap? probably.

But not after 2 hours, it’s like if you have 8 hours of sleep and wake up naturally, can you get back to sleep in 2 hours?

How’d that coffee date go? Did your friend get to learn of this condition after being awoken to a geisha doing chores at 5 in the morning after a late night out?

I’m an insomniac. Actually participated in a sleep study last month. Only thing I learned was that I don’t sleep well, which I already knew since that was the whole point of me doing the study. And that I don’t have sleep apnea, which is actually pretty important to rule out.

what did they suggest?^^

I partook in a sleep study to diagnose my insomnia too. The doctor’s quickly shewed me out of the study when they saw my normal nightly tea and late night snack. Apparantly this herbal tea known as redbull and a few lines of ski are detrimental to falling asleep.

I’ve taken Ambien for years until last spring when I decided it wasn’t worth it. I had built up too much of a tolerance to it to be effective anymore. Now we’re trying something else, I can’t recall the name of the drug. It’s some sort of barbiturate.

I did learn I have Restless Leg Syndrome (only while sleeping) that causes me to wake up frequently. The waking up 6-8 times a night actually bothers me more than the trouble falling asleep. Without self medicating (read: alcohol) I haven’t slept all the way through the night since college (and that was probably more self medicating).

damn that doesnt good. how are you able to get through the day, red bull and coffee?

Nope, never had coffee or red bull. Not big on caffeine in general. I don’t get tired too often actually. It’s just frustrating not being able to string together six hours of sleep…ever.

Oh that coffee date…

i am not at all interested, but he was so nice and persistant and i thought i’d be polite and have a coffee “date” with him. He is German, and travelled across Europe, so at least he has a lot to say about his travels.

I do find it weird that as soon as we sat down with my coffee he took out his phone and took pictures, NOT just the coffee but with me in it - without asking for permission.

Is that just me or is it kind of creepy?

NANA, remember, with great power comes great responsibility. You must use your powers for good.

I have a friend who suffers from something similar, he wakes up everynight for at least 30min each time, it’s really bad i think because you don’t get quality sleep.

At least for me, i sleep through the 3 or 4 hours that i sleep without waking up.

Yah, that is very strange. I just picture this lad sending this pic to all potential investors for his human trafficking network.

Good is a point of view, Anakin.

using my power to make postings on AF, does that count?

He wants to show his creepy friends that he actually has a date.

Oh no~!!!

i am not being exchanged for pervy photos over the internet~

You still have a lot to learn.

I bet you he told his friends he banged you.

mb nani was wearing a funky outfit for the date and he wanted to take a pic?

btw this is a very interesting article

http://www.tofugu.com/2013/10/16/dating-a-japanese-girl/