I just experienced racism

Well what’s the alternative? Take it and grin?

And when I say call out it doesn’t have to be in an overly confrontational kind of way. You could just point out that there’s no need of it, which there clearly isn’t. Half the reason why people keep saying this garbage is because they feel they can get away with it.

When in doubt, take a video and post it to reddit. Crowd shaming is an effective measure these days.

That’s better than getting the sht kicked out of you.

Not always. I’d rather die standing than live on my knees as they say.

Very un-Texas of you Greenie, as someone raised on a farm I must say I’m a bit disappointed.

2 Likes

i always thought all texans were card carryers. yall need to take it from 0 to 100 real quick.

At the end of the day, you’re going to go home, brush your teeth, and go to bed. Would you rather do that with nary a scratch? Or with a broken nose that cost $1500 to fix?
Is it really worth getting your face bashed in just so you can puff up your chest a little bit? This isn’t war. It’s not like “They make take our lives, but they’ll never take our freedom!!!” Nobody is holding you hostage.
Whatever. Different strokes.

It’s easier to get your work done without black eyes and busted ribs.

Huh? Does not compute.

its waht dave ramsey says when he wants to tell ppl he is strapped. aka. carrying a gun. gratata. #forgetthewhipigotmybangbang

1 Like

Oh. So you’re saying that if somebody calls my Mexican girlfriend a [fill in the blank], I should shoot them in the face. Hmmm…what a great idea!!!

i mean you dont have to shoot them. you just gotta make sure they know whats up. kidn of like the us with nukes. we’re not going to nuke u. but u should know we have nukes! winky face egg planty emoji!

I don’t know, I don’t see that kind of life attractive, spending my life getting sh*t on because it’s easier. It is relatively American. Thing is it isn’t easier or better beyond the short run.

This is not directed at you personally, the following is my general philosophy. Sooner or later people wake up in a middle aged middle class, diminished existence wondering why they’re in a station of life where everyone including their kids sh*ts on them and they don’t get the respect they’d like. Eat the fast food, skip the gym, be denigrated, take the path of least resistance. I’m not saying never do these things or always fight every battle, clearly you pick your battles, but taking the easy road too often will make you soft.

The middle ground is to make sure you’ve got a clearly readable Glock decal on your driver window and a Daniel Defense on the rear (or Smith and Wesson). Great for homes too.

I have one like this:

im totally kidding greenie. i dont fight peasants for pride. i call the police. you always gotta price every action. most of the time its cheaper to walk away. especially if they are strangers and you are in an unknown situation.

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy’s strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal, engage them; if fewer, defend against them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Alright Greenie, I’ll tell you what. Maybe, me going on the internet and complaining like this is totally soft and unneccessary. But, if that’s not cool and so is getting into a fight, then what mediums do I have to vent frustrations through anylonger?

And yeah I know racism was a thing, I didn’t mean to imply I live in that much of a sheltered bubble. But, it is one of the last things I ever expect to witness.

Who said shoot them in the face (or “get the sht kicked out of you”)? You’re really jumping the gun in terms of reaction here. There’s a difference between standing your ground and dying on every hill, which ironically you tend to do in an online setting… admittedly a generalization from my limited interaction with you. At the end of the day I’ve never been one to reduce risk at the expense of my character And funny enough it hasn’t led to too many fistfights. In general, it’s all in the way you approach it.

“When you encounter overtly racist remarks towards your girlfriend just grin and bare it, pick your battles.”
~ Guy trolling Sara Grillo over a multi year period for existing

1 Like

^lol bs stirring the pot. its not trolling if you love them. its much like elementary school when you pick on the girl you like.

This entire chain is about “go back home” hahaha. That’s about the most polite street alteraction i can think of.

I gotta disagree with the sentiment shared on this chain and in the media in general. Is racism alive - yeah def, probably will never go away. Even inter-race there is plenty of racism (italians, irish, jews, etc we all love and hate each other same with asians). Back when gyms were open and i was training my team was black, hispanic, asian, irish, brazilian, even indian. Everyone makes fun of everyone, no hard feelings and it just makes the brotherhood stronger.

In summary, does the US have racial issues - yeah def. Can the US improve - most certainly. Is racism rampant - no.

1 Like

In all sincerity, you’re either delusional or woefully climatized to your surroundings. Racism is beyond prevalent in American culture.

If someone insulted this Latina, I wouldn’t care who it was, id bring down heaven itself and go to beta simp hell if I could eat that cake. Like a younger prettier Eva Longoria. Yum yum

Never got the whole eva longoria thing, Hayden is nice not sure she’s the one I’d single out though