I just experienced racism

Your ability to go against the grain in face of resistance is truly unmatched. Although I completely disagree with you, in a weird way I have to respect your candor.

^I just speak the truth that others are either too afraid or too proud to admit.
You may call me a coward. That’s fine. He who fights and runs away can run away another day.

To be fair I would have opted for p*ssy, it’s not fear or pride I just can’t fathom being that spineless.

It’s also logical as I laid my case out above. If I had that mentality I would almost definitely be poorer, weaker and less happy. To make matters worse, people attract their own kind. Seeing as how heart disease remains the leading killer in the US making a lifestyle out of hitting the easy button would undermine the longevity aspect of that argument as well.

Lets not put this on a pedestal, this is just a somebody with some pretty questionable closeted tendencies talking their own book.

Si si, my comment was very much tongue in cheek. Hard to be coy over the net… maybe I’m just too old to know the tricks. I’ll revert back to my contemptuous, straightforward nature. Apologies for the confusion.

The reality is these people aren’t some big bad threat you hide from, they’re just the Greenies of the world hoping you think that. You leave this stuff unchecked its like a rapist that gets away with it, they just become more emboldened. We had a guy where we used to live that kept creating worse and worse race incidents in our neighborhood. It made things bad for a family that lived here before I finally just had enough and went the f*ck off on him. He literally hid in his house. Next day someone marched him down with his tail between his legs to apologize to the family. After that he STFU and didn’t bother anybody.

That’s how you deal with it, some people are dumb enough they only understand one language.

" I always thought racism was just fake."

Which country (or planet) have you been living in so far? So for something to exist it should happen to you. Until then for you it is just a “fake news” I guess.

Just wow!!!

No best alternative is turn and walk away. I know it is hard for emotionally immature but it can be done. And Greenman72 is very on the spot. I totally wit everything he said there.

You def confront racism if that’s indeed what it is - that behavior should not be tolerated in our society. You should also confront jerk behavior. Now that I lift in my garage I’m constantly looking out to the road and all I see is nonstop littering leaving my street as landfill. This is going to sound very racist but it’s the honest truth: my neighbors are mostly asian and they are too kind to say anything and the people littering overwhelming are black. I’m constantly telling them to pick up their ■■■■ and point to the dozen trash cans nearby. I can’t even count how many times I’ve been called white boy or cracker to which i reply, ok but pick up your ■■■■. That said, I’m certain its chalked up to class as opposed to race bc Im guessing go to any hick area and you’ll experience just the same thing.

Back on track - in this case didn’t the guy say go home while you were walking in a parking lot of a story. There’s 50/50 you were either entering or indeed going home so it’s hard to lable this outright racism.

As opposed to a woodic one?

Or a putteric one?

Or a wedgeic one?

1 Like

lol. its so bad to generalize. but we generalize because thats what really happens in real life. if we meet a black person, there is a 1/10 chance they went to prison vs whites at 1/100. if we meet a white person, the median net worth is 171k vs 97k for everyone else, for blacks its at 17k. in la, if you tell me where you live, i can already form an opinion about you… anyways there is nothing wrong with generalizing imo. as long as you dont define them as that the more you get to know them.

Is it wrong to generalize if in general the generalization is correct? Prejudice is defined as preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

Of course not.

That’s what’s kept people alive for millennia.

“Hmm. Ain’t seen one of those before. It has big teeth and big claws. I’m gonna generalize that it probably doesn’t have my best interest at heart and beat a hasty, but quiet, retreat.”

1 Like

I would add that generalizing is not generally wrong.

EG - I went to a place a while back that had a giant, yellow “M” as its sign. Even though I’d never been there, I generalized that it was a good place for my kids to play, eat chicken nuggets, and go to the bathroom. Turns out that I was right.

There was a political candidate who was a Republican. I generalized that he was probably pro-life. Turns out that I was right.

There was a church that said “Catholic” on it. I generalized that they would sprinkle water on me and ask me to eat some bread and drink some wine. Turns out that I was right.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with generalizing, in general.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that generalizing can save you a lot of time.

EG - There are 64 starting cornerbacks in the NFL. Every single one of them is black. Given that blacks are 20% of the population, the odds of that happening are 1/(5^64), which is pretty small.

There’s only one logical explanation for why all 64 starting cornerbacks are black–because they run faster than white men.

So if I’m a scout, and my job is to find a defensive back for my NFL team, I wouldn’t even look at a white man. If a white man comes up and says “I want to play defensive back in the NFL”, I’d tell him to get lost. Try out for safety. Gain some weight and try out for linebacker. Just stop wasting my time.

Duh!

i saw a catholic republican in office and generalized he was pro-life but I was wrong because he wanted to execute as many inmates as possible.

someone once told me not to trust a hoe. can confirm they are liars.
So there you go, oh
Can’t make a wife out of a ho, oh

the wife slept with neighbor?

Can you be charged/fined/sued, if you call someone a racist, but can’t provide sufficient evidence?
Can you report to police such a behavior? (Hate crime?)

Over here a journalist got fined because she called a guy a Nazi but couldn’t provide evidence. But I’d say that’s pretty rare. In general you’re free to use the “R-word” to trump anyone’s diverging opinion.