I need an employment lawyer in california and/or moscow

You are probably right. It’s about time I realized what a screwed up backwater Russia is. I don’t think I will ever again consider going or doing business there for any reason. It’s a shame I spent all those years learning Russian and hanging out with Russians. The most galling thing is that one of us, a fellow expat, is the one who screwed me. Mr. Charles Ryan. Look him up.

What reasons did the cite for retracting the offer? Have they tried to make it up in any way to you? That’s pretty bad…didn’t you just sign with them like two weeks ago? Wow.

Well, the founding partner Fedorov had a stroke 24 hours after I signed on the dotted line and gave my resignation. He has been on life support for two weeks. After the two week notice period ended and I left my job I was told that the new head partner Mr. Ryan decided to renege my offer. The second fund might not go forward.

Charles Ryan, Chief Country Officer and CEO of Deutsche Bank Group in Russia - this guy?

Yes.

Hey Danteshek, Have you considered whether anything you write here could be used against you in any potential legal proceedings? I think that Prosper deal could easily link you to this screen name. If the potential even exists…maybe you might want to communicate with AF-ers in private or keep things in terms of X, Y, Z. Good luck.

This is life bro deal with it.

Umm, in case you all can’t read between the lines, I was talking about in the employment industry in the western world. I’m not talking about impoverished people in Ethiopia. I didn’t realize that this needed to be specified for the brilliant losers on this forum who can’t seem to find a job or who can’t debate issues without making personal attacks.

USFbulls Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is life bro deal with it. Seems like asking others for insight regarding potential legal action is dealing with it. Given the company on this board, there’s probably more than person who could help. This guy just got hosed pretty badly… your post is just unnecessary.

kkent - How about people who lost both their jobs and their entire retirement savings (or close to it) with Enron? - How about someone who was a year or two away from retiring, but saw a large portion of their investments evaporate and then realized that they’d have to postpone retirement for a few years? - How about someone who found out they have some severe illness, but their employer’s health insurance plan isn’t enough to pay for it and they go bankrupt? ----- “losers on this forum … without making personal attacks” LOL. Why such personal attacks on us kkent? kkent, please do NOT educate yourself, think critically, question your beliefs, or become less brash - since that would take away a lot of my entertainment

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- I’m not talking about impoverished people in Ethiopia. This sort of thinking is a perfect fit for a white racist skinhead. What does the poor fellas in Ethiopia got to do with trying to justify idiocy and your impoverished ideas? Please.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kkent Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > I’m not talking about impoverished people in > Ethiopia. > > This sort of thinking is a perfect fit for a white > racist skinhead. > > What does the poor fellas in Ethiopia got to do > with trying to justify idiocy and your > impoverished ideas? Please. Internet Fight!! YES!!

Can you even sue people in Russia?

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You are probably right. It’s about time I > realized what a screwed up backwater Russia is. I > don’t think I will ever again consider going or > doing business there for any reason. It’s a shame > I spent all those years learning Russian and > hanging out with Russians. The most galling thing > is that one of us, a fellow expat, is the one who > screwed me. Mr. Charles Ryan. Look him up. You should never forget that Russia is a backwater if you want to have serious long-term dealings with the country, but I think you are taking this all a little personally. Your timing was just really unfortunate because Russia is going through a really tough time right now and I am sure that all finance guys over there are scared to death—the October meltdown there was truly spectacular! If you really want a long-term future dealing with the country, then it pays to be persistent. I was there in 1998 when everyone was saying things like they would rather eat toxic waste than deal with the country. Less than two years later when they smelled money, they were already tripping over themselves to get in the door. Things will get better again and I think it will happen relatively quickly, but the whole boom-and-bust cycle and bare-knuckle business practices are par for the course. And you have to expect the same thing out of the Western executives too. They are just trying to survive in the jungle that Moscow is. I am sure that every one of them thinks that Russia is a backwater and that’s why they’re treating you the way they are. Life is extremely nasty, brutish, and short there, but that’s also what makes it so much fun if you have a strong stomach. I wouldn’t be surprised if you see new opportunities later in 2009.

Hi Danteshek, as i understand you can read in Russians, just check this site http://bestlawyers.ru, for ‘trudovoe pravo i iski’ and ‘sudebnie razbiratelstva s rabotodatelem’. There are contacts of well-known lawyers in Russia. But my personal advice to limit your efforts because cost of litigations especially in Russian court can be higher than PV of benefits.

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You are probably right. It’s about time I > realized what a screwed up backwater Russia is. I > don’t think I will ever again consider going or > doing business there for any reason. It’s a shame > I spent all those years learning Russian and > hanging out with Russians. The most galling thing > is that one of us, a fellow expat, is the one who > screwed me. Mr. Charles Ryan. Look him up. It’s a bit of judgment on the whole country just because some expat reneged on your offer, huh? Offers are withdrawn all the time - you could always quit, so it is only fair they can let you go at any time. I would not be burining bridges in this situation.

Man, you made a mistake if you didn’t get compensation from them. In Russia, according to the laws, employment is at will only for employee. For employer, it is an obligation, and employment contract (as well as a legally binding offer of employment) can not be breached/reneged by employer at will - it is illegal. There are ways of course to terminate the contract for employer, but (save for cases of some fraud or something on employee’s behalf) employer will need to pay you a significant amount.

Man, you made a mistake if you didn’t get compensation from them. In Russia, according to the laws, employment is at will only for employee. For employer, it is an obligation, and employment contract (as well as a legally binding offer of employment) can not be breached/reneged by employer at will - it is illegal. There are ways of course to terminate the contract for employer, but (save for cases of some fraud or something on employee’s behalf) employer will need to pay you a significant amount.

I got something.

I remember you saying that the guy hiring you was using the N-word all throughout the interview. What else did you expect trying to work for a racist scumbag like that guy who has no morals or ethics. Next time, if someone uses such slurs during your interview, get up and run.