I need to panic

I’m not having any CFA dreams, or moments of anxiety about having enough time to study, etc.

maybe you’re ready.

Yeah, I’d have to go with false on that.

Hmmmm. Maybe you are so panicked that you can’t even remember dreams…or you don’t even get to R.E.M. sleep. I could share some of mine if you like. I have plenty.

I just had my first CFA dreams this night…it was after I took (and poorly scored 60% at the Book6 Exam 1 AM) It might work for you too!

I agree along with MWV. Perhaps its normal, so doesn’t seem unusual anymore? let me try…Dude, only a month left to the test, SWAPS, CDOS, Pensions…do you know all this? What about Time Series, regression? The pass rate is only in the 40s!!!

Dunno, the only one month left part’s just not scaring me.

Really? Weirdos. :wink:

Ok in that hour of half asleep half awake I tried to think about equations and topics that I didn’t know…mild nervousness, not what I need, but it’s a start.

Congrats.

Houston we have problem !

This is funny SpongeBob because I had my first CFA dream last night. I cant remember what it was now, but it definitely happened.

Hey guys and gals, Sounds like you are getting geared up. 30 days to go!! I’m in trouble this year. Haven’t had near the time or focus I had last year to get through level 2. Have to get my @ss in gear or I’m going to be hanging with you guys again next year in the L3 forum. Keep going hard at it down the stretch here. Get lots of practice exams in. Well, off to do my first practice exam. This should be interesting :frowning:

You seem to think you’re in the L3 forum.

Big Babbu, I know your story from the results pages from last year. yep, i look at them once in a while so i can visualize it. i’m sure you’ve been asked this a million times but, what did you do differently last year that got you over that hump? any advice you want to dish out? i’m already planning to do as many practice exams as possible. seriously, bro, there’s no quit in you. it gets me pumped to pass this thing. oh yeah. and i hope you get your letters after this year, you deserve it.

dont panic…you can retake the exams till we are 70

dont panic…you can retake and retake level ii…for the next 20 years

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Big Babbu, > > I know your story from the results pages from last > year. yep, i look at them once in a while so i can > visualize it. i’m sure you’ve been asked this a > million times but, what did you do differently > last year that got you over that hump? any advice > you want to dish out? i’m already planning to do > as many practice exams as possible. seriously, > bro, there’s no quit in you. it gets me pumped to > pass this thing. oh yeah. and i hope you get your > letters after this year, you deserve it. Thanks. That’s cool. The biggest difference was just doing way more practice questions. Anything I could get my hands on. The first crack at L2 I tried to do too much memorization I think. But that was partially because I wasn’t able to put the time in I did last year, so I thought that was my best chance to get through the first time. Last year was also my first time using this forum as well…at least regularly. This thing was a huge help from getting help with problems I had, to containing stress levels knowing that most others are out there going through the same stuff. No one outside CFA Candidates really know what goes into these exams. It’s been discussed a million times, but it’s true. I also hit the big area’s real hard. By those I mean FSA, Equity and Ethics. I think for the most part if you look back at the results, most successful Candidates did well on those sections…there were a few exceptions though. I think those 3 sections accounted for 60 or 65% of the exam last year. Nothing should be ignored, but I think it was important to have those 3 sections down pat. I was >70 on FSA and Equities and middle ground on Ethics. I’d guess those two >70 put me over the top. There was also some luck involved. I got >70 on Derivatives, but there was no chance I knew Derivatives well enough to score that. Hell, I think it was either Sponge Bob or Mr.GoodGuy and I that were in panic mode about Derivatives with less than a week to go to the exam. We had hardly touched it and left it way to close to the end. Derivatives at L2 is a b!tch. I got very lucky there. Finish up strong.

CFAHouston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree along with MWV. Perhaps its normal, so > doesn’t seem unusual anymore? > > let me try…Dude, only a month left to the test, > SWAPS, CDOS, Pensions…do you know all this? What > about Time Series, regression? The pass rate is > only in the 40s!!! Hiya Houston. How’s the studying going. I bet it’s going better than the Rockets playoff run :slight_smile: It’s too bad the big man went down. They were seriously rolling this year, even after he went down. But they ran out of gas. Not that the Suns did any better.

The dreams have begun!