I think I was just fired?

You tell me what you think? The other day I was just working at my desk when my boss comes up and flat says: Boss: hey are you still pursing the CFA? Me: Ya Boss: good, good~ insert awkward silence~ working towards a the CFA makes you more market able, I mean it gives you a leg up if… things were to change… ~and then he just walks off I think I just got a heads up to update a resume, Sh*t coming down the pipe it sounds like, or: A). I’m reading to much into it B) who cares there are no jobs out their anyway C)-long shot maybe he wants to promote me?

A He probably just doesn’t have anything to say.

hmmm…from what you wrote…I am leaning toward negative outcome. I certaintly hope I am wrong.

uh ooh

No, your first impression is probably the right one. Maybe he asked because he want to put in a good word for you so you can keep your job if your colleagues lose theirs. But this is just speculation on my part of course.

Is he an awkward guy? Maybe he was just having a bad day or something… or is an artvandalay prototype and interested in taking you out. Unfortunately I kind of agree with your initial analysis of the situation. It may be time to update the resume.

For awhile I was in the search of a condo and mentioned it to my manager. A few months later my manager asked what I was doing after work, “Nothing I said.” Then he asked if I could help him move a few things at his condo. While I was helping him, he casually asked, “Have you found a new condo to buy yet?” “No.” I said. Shortly thereafter I was let go from the firm while my coworker who just bought a home stayed. I really wonder if the financial obligation part of it came into their decision making. So you have every right to worry!

You’re his boss, aren’t you? Don’t bring me into this just because you have erotic “Dewey” fantasies brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is he an awkward guy? Maybe he was just having a > bad day or something… or is an artvandalay > prototype and interested in taking you out. > > Unfortunately I kind of agree with your initial > analysis of the situation. It may be time to > update the resume.

based on what you wrote you are toast. sorry.

Dewey, I would get that resume ready just incase.

I think you’re reading too much into this. It may just be that you have an awkward boss that didn’t know what to say. Sometimes I feel like I’m in a similar situation when my colleagues and seniors talk about their families. I usually just try to listen attentively and try to come up with interesting questions once in a while. The reality is, it’s hard sometimes because I don’t have any kids of my own to talk about…at least that I’m aware of.

Redundified

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think you’re reading too much into this. It may > just be that you have an awkward boss that didn’t > know what to say. Sometimes I feel like I’m in a > similar situation when my colleagues and seniors > talk about their families. I usually just try to > listen attentively and try to come up with > interesting questions once in a while. The reality > is, it’s hard sometimes because I don’t have any > kids of my own to talk about…at least that I’m > aware of. Still awaiting the trip to Maury’s studio for the taping and results release?

d) he was breaking b@lls

In my first job I once sent out a company-wide email trying to sublet my apartment. The next day my bosses took me into the conference room and asked if I had found another job or was planning to go back to school. So, bottom line, yes, your job situation is on their mind when they are asking about your personal issues.

at least that i’m aware of…LOL. nice work!

How did you get a “heads up” to update your resume? This doesn’t sound too good to me.

Now the question is do I call my Boss on it- flat out ask if somthing is on the radar, or just slowly migrate my desk to ‘to-go’ box…and the red stapler too

In this environment you should be thinking about a back up plan even if your job seems perfectly safe. Things can happen fast, and you don’t always see them coming. Based on what you said, your boss could have meant a lot of things. Maybe his own job security was on his mind, so he just projected that onto you. Maybe you are going to be fired. There is no way to tell.

Call him out