I think I was just fired?

Yeah, call him out, but be prepared for him to deny that he meant anything by it. Even if he really did. Regardless of what he says in response to being confronted, get your resume in order.

Sounds like you’re reading too much into this, unless there are other specific reasons to think your job is at risk. You should have your resume brushed up at all times anyway. “We are all consultants now.”

for sure-thanks all

Open your 2008 financials, turn to income statement page, how does it look. If it looks bad, based on what you said, your f’d. …then continue with the “call out” advice in a friendly way, after all he’s trying to help you by giving you a secret heads up, he probably can’t say officially if cuts are coming. Shoot for a indirect confirmation hint. Then report back to AF!

will do

Just took a good look at profit trends for the last few quarters in my department- I knew it was bad but this confirmed it- alot of numbers in Parentheses…game over- if I get called into a ‘meeting’ on a friday afternoon I’ll at least know whats coming

If I was you, I’d start a log of everything you do on a day to day basis. Keep it simple, like on Friday I did these 12 things, Monday these 10… Alot are companies might try to cut you instead of lay you off. The difference being a severance and potentially getting unemployment.

Upper deck his desk drawer then quit. Nobody puts baby in a corner.

True story–a friend of mine worked for a large hedge fund with a very famous portfolio manager. One night he stayed at work late and for some reason opened up the PM’s desk drawer, which was pretty easy to access since the PM sits on the trading floor. He found a list that said at the top “Layoffs” and on it was his name along with about 20 other people on his team. He said he considered setting the office on fire but thought the better of it and updated his resume instead.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > True story–a friend of mine worked for a large > hedge fund with a very famous portfolio manager. > One night he stayed at work late and for some > reason opened up the PM’s desk drawer, which was > pretty easy to access since the PM sits on the > trading floor. He found a list that said at the > top “Layoffs” and on it was his name along with > about 20 other people on his team. He said he > considered setting the office on fire but thought > the better of it and updated his resume instead. Why would your friend go through the PM’s desk? Pretty shady.

Yeah, well, from now on I’m making a point to go through my boss’s desk at least once a quarter to make sure I’m not on any list.

I dunno, not only are you putting your career and reputation on the line but it blurs the lines of a potential ethics violation, IMHO.

I don’t believe in tiptoeing around and hoping for good things to happen. If you rely on hope and other people’s good graces to get you to where you want to go, you’re not going to make it far in this industry.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I dunno, not only are you putting your career and > reputation on the line but it blurs the lines of a > potential ethics violation, IMHO. i agree, pretty shady limodriver…

If you like Colin Farrell you’re going to love this bad boy…

hey, hit ctrl+alt+ down arrow.

If you wanted me to take down my pants you could’ve just asked. What’s on the agenda for tonight? What are you wearing?

same old, same old…

That’s hot.

whatever you say, paris hilton.