I think I was just fired?

Mmmm…Paris Hilton, IHeartMath, and yours truly on a Friday night. Nice.

be careful, someone might yell at us for e-flirting =(

E-flirting wasn’t what I had in mind, babee… Man, I’m creeping myself out now. Going to watch Swingers in bed, holla back atcha in a few.

haha ok, you know i have low standards though - creepers welcome? totally kidding

I think whether to ask or not ask out-right about your job just depends on the relationship… I have a decent relationship, I think anyway (wont know for sure until it turns out to be not true) with my old boss, and I know he was in charge of coming up with more OPEX cuts…so I point blank asked him, if I should be worried. He said he didnt think so but once the next board meeting would take place he would let me know. Of course our parent company is over in Norway and really they make all these decisions so it is quite possible even my old boss would be one of the last to know. But I have seen where with another person he did give a heads up and kept them on for a while to allow him time to look (interview, etc).

IheartMath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > haha ok, you know i have low standards though - > creepers welcome? > > totally kidding Math nerd model with low standards…where you been all my life?

Got fired yet?

kevinf12 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think whether to ask or not ask out-right about > your job just depends on the relationship… > > I have a decent relationship, I think anyway (wont > know for sure until it turns out to be not true) > with my old boss, and I know he was in charge of > coming up with more OPEX cuts…so I point blank > asked him, if I should be worried. He said he > didnt think so but once the next board meeting > would take place he would let me know. > > Of course our parent company is over in Norway and > really they make all these decisions so it is > quite possible even my old boss would be one of > the last to know. But I have seen where with > another person he did give a heads up and kept > them on for a while to allow him time to look > (interview, etc). STATOIL-Hydro? Yeah, start looking.

Still here, I have a meeting monday morning were I’ll bring up the job security issue. I’m pretty sure I’ll get the answer that everything is fine, not worry etc etc- I’ll just be looking for the more subtle cue’s-fidgeting hands, change of conversation, eye movement tendices.

You’ve got the right idea. They may tell you the answer, but not in words.

I was laid off about a year ago. I was in about 5 meetings where they said my job was safe and that I wouldn’t get laid off.

got a new job now kkent?

i think my time is up. i am getting signs.

maddane Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > got a new job now kkent? LOL, yeah, I got a new job less than 2 weeks later.