I witnessed firsthand the gender imbalance in China

FT is a true 40-year old Charismatic White man living the dream.

Asian people love white people - they are a mythical creature of hollywood movies. They are fascinated by dark people also, like black people or Mexicans. However, Asians are generally pretty racist and think dark things are impure, so they look at those other people in a different way. That’s how it is - just saying. No one cares about Indians there. There are no Indians in Michael Bay movies, or other media through which they view foreign culture.

In this case, it is because the black people I hung out with basically experienced the opposite. And, because local Chinese told me as much. Also, the point is how you look, not how you self-identify. Most Chileans are white when in China.

I was told by Chinese people that they view Indians on the same level as blacks pretty much, and generally look down upon darker skinned people.

What about those Asians who think White people are smelly gaijins? Apparently Bollywood is big in Japan

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2013/03/31/films/bollywood-bigwigs-hope-japan-fans-are-in-it-for-keeps/#.WFFhb_JFuec

I read this description after you referenced it twice, lol, I have to check it out.

Interesting, the Chilean dude was browner than brown. I did see some Black guys with Chinese girlfriends and even a Black girl with a Chinese BF and all the Black people spoke Mandarin and looked like they fit right in. I wonder how much is being lost in translation.

They must get really confused when they meet a light-skinned Indian or a Mediterranean girl with a really good tan.

Sleeping with foreigners is probably how she became fluent in english. We used to call these girls waiguo groupies, it is a small subset of girls that sleep will all the foreigners that arrive. You might think that she was playing those dudes but reality is that she was playing her odds on you sending gifts to her

Haha, surprised this thread wasn’t nuked?!

Yeah, as mentioned above, these Asian chicks that act Western are a small and rather peculiar part of the population…so we need to take that into account in this scientific study. You find them in China and Korea for sure. They are generally not viewed well by the locals, and tend to be into stuff like feminism and vegetarianism. They learned Western culture by watching Sex and the City, and Friends, and have no idea what the West is really like, hanging out with tourists is how they accumulate “real” experience.

Whoa! I’m closer to 30 than I am to 40 (and often mistaken for late 20s) and am officially considered a millennial (to my surprise).

I don’t know how it was in 2000, but I can definitely state it’s the case now. I was going to start another thread about it but didn’t want to brag.

Yea spot on. most of the chicks even in a places like BKK just DGAF but these dudes would latch on the behavior of a subset like you mentioned extrapolate it and attribute it to race. It’s unbelievably creepy and the lack of self-awareness glaring.

We were in this tiny town called Chiang Rai and this one poor girl from Isaan went through three White guys in a week, all three White guys came back bragging as if there was something special about them and one English guy was enough of a shmuck to take her on an all expense paid holiday to Laos. WTF??

Yeah, I’m not really talking about tourists, but rather ex-pats living in China. Again, in 2000 it may have been different, but you could roll up to a club with a line and they would just let you in and you’d get free alcohol for a group of ten people. Seemed a little absurd. Maybe I was just hanging out with racist Chinese, I don’t know, but the more plausible explanation is probably that either things changed since 2000 or you were hanging out in touristy places where foreigners are no surprise.

Equating BKK with Nanjing experience doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense to me. BKK is obviously for dumb party boys, with all the ignorance that comes with it.

Lol very typical. My ex gf in HK used to tell me how a lot of expats would end up marrying their Filipino maids because they just weren’t used to getting so much female attention.

In all fairness though, dudes everywhere have done spent a lot of good money chasing tail. Me included… :confused:

“you wont lose tail chasing money but you will lose money chasing tail” ~CvM

#FreeCvM

+1 #FreeCvM

The foreign thing goes a long way. sometimes wish I was single.

What is BKK and DGAF?

dont give a f

As for rich male expats or travelers, I’ve experienced how there is a local class of women who throw themselves at anything that looks foreign and richer than them. Most of the time, it’s pretty obvious what the game is. They may dream of finding a rich guy to marry them and lift them out of poverty, but they realize that’s a long shot and are reasonably happy with an entertaining week or weekend. I did not partake because they seemed a bit trashy for my taste and it felt exploitative, but some of them were definitely physically attractive and what really appealed was the idea that one didn’t have to work as hard for female attention.

There was also a class of women who liked the idea of being with a gringo just because of the novelty and the fact that it was considered different and kinda cool. They didn’t expect too much other than to be treated with courtesy and compliments, often offered to pay their own part (it was important to them not to be confused with the first group I talked about). I did partake of this category, and it was mostly enjoyable, other than the ocasional cultural misunderstandings/gotchas.

Both of these groups were subclasses of the overall population, but when the population is large enough, there are enough of them that unsophisticated people can think “all the girls from X are like that.”

goin to E/SE asia over the holidays. As a 6 ft tall white male with blonde hair and blue eyes, I’ll report back by end of jan.