If Gronk had any pride left, he would retire...

this is a side of BS i don’t think i’ve ever seen before – fanboy who’s invested enough in a team/player to argue about it online. Does that mean you’ve officially graduated to Masshole?

Haha, no I don’t even like the Patriots. I was just messing with Greenman for something to do.

The most impressive Gronk stat is his 9 TDs in 9 playoff games. He brings it when it counts the most. You play the best teams in the playoffs, not teams like the Browns or the Jags.

I didn’t realize this is true. 65 TDs>60 TDs. That is really incredible with so many more seasons to potentially play.

Yesterday’s stat line:

Jason Witten - 3 catches for 51 yards. No TD’s.

Gronk - zero catches, zero yards, zero TD’s. But this must be because of the way teams defend against him. (Or it could be because he didn’t play.)

Good question! Let’s ask Bo Jackson and Gayle Sayers what they think.

LOL. Is this what poor Topperharley feels like when targeted by the vengeful Greenman?

If your only criteria is suiting up and showing up then there are a fuckload of TEs that are better than Gronk.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/broncos-corner-on-tackling-rob-gronkowski---hit-him-in-his-knees-230536871.html

“You gotta hit him low, man — hit him in his knees,” Harris said on ESPN’s SportsCenter, via Business Insider. “That’s the best chance you have of hitting him.”

“You gotta take his legs out or hold on and wait for everybody, wait for the gang to come on and gang tackle him,” Harris said on ESPN.

So yeah, I think it has a little to do with how teams attempt to defend him. Don’t think anything like this has ever been written or said about Jason Witten.

Yes, their careers were derailed by injuries. Does Gronk’s career appear to be in jeopardy yet? The guy is 26 and was going off the board in the first round of fantasy drafts. I mean all the injuries stacking up certainly put him at risk but that’s a pretty weak comparison considering you have their end results vs. a complete unknown in Gronk’s case.

As I pointed out to you, Gronk has still played in >80% of his team’s eligible games. It’s not like we’re talking about RG3 here.

It’s pretty comical you come in with these trash Jason Witten gamelogs each week to make your case. Gronk could shatter that production in a quarter. That’s what makes him way better. Not just marginally. Way, way, way better than Jason Witten. /fin

Well, Gronk made his triumphant return to the gridiron tonight.

He was targeted once, had zero catches.

But im sure this was because of the way he was defended. Just like his injury (that he got while practicing) was because somebody went low and blew out his knees.

Last I checked they both have the same number of touchdowns. Pretty impressive for a guy who has 1 target all season.

You are not good at this. Maybe next time it’s midnight and you feel compelled to add another “point” to your shitty argument you just put the computer down.

I’m up by 29 pts in fantasy this week before SNF. I have no one left and my opponent has 1 player left…Jason Witten. If he had Gronk, I would have kept an eye on the game. I can confidently do something else tonight while proudly claiming I won my week.

^ I just realized I picked dem cowboys in my survivor pool so I guess I have to keep an eye on the game after all.

I got a kick out of the Cowboys first drive of the game. Jason Garrett uses one of the worst challenges I’ve seen on a Jason Witten catch where he clearly doesn’t get in the endzone. Then I thought about it more and it made sense. When something is so rarely seen you do whatever you can to try to make it happen. It didn’t work out in the end, but I respected the effort.

^I know, right? I mean, he’s usually too busy run blocking to catch a lot of TD passes, hence why the Cowboys get so many rushing touchdowns.

At any rate, Jason Witten had two catches for 25 yards this week. That’s 2 more catches and 25 yards than Gronkowski had.

"But it’s because of the way people defend Gronk! He’s hurt because people target his legs!!!"

Had he been hurt in a game on a guy that dove into his knees, I might understand. However, HE GOT HURT IN PRACTICE. IN THE MIDDLE OF AUGUST. A PRE-SEASON INJURY HAS KEPT THE (alleged) GREATEST TIGHT END OF ALL TIME ON THE BENCH FOR TWO GAMES, AND A COMPLETE NON-ISSUE IN THE THIRD GAME.

Is everyone in Texas this stubborn over stupid stuff? Gronk is way more talented and will be remembered as such by everyone who knows football. Witten is a great TE, no one says otherwise. My father constantly brings up how stupid the Eagles were to draft LJ Smith before Witten, like literally at least once a year he brings it up. Im hoping you arent seriously this invested in Witten that you are missing out on enjoying a Generational talent

Lol. Sorry I quoted an actual NFL player on what it’s like to attempt to defend Gronk. I didn’t think you were going to go off the rails (enjoying the transition to CAPS LOCK btw) and apply it to every injury he has ever sustained or will sustain. Obviously his hamstring isn’t related to this so I’ll give you that. Gronk can never be the greatest TE because he had a hamstring issue, done and done. Meanwhile in suit up and show up land Jason Witten still doesn’t have a single touchdown yet this year. Oh he’s a good blocker? Neat. I bet that’s never been said about Gronk before…

*yawn*

When someone unrelated to the Dalls region or the Cowboys agrees with you, wake me up. Your only argument this entire time has been Jason Witten plays in every game and Gronk doesn’t. Well that’s awesome, it truly is, but that kind of works against you when you realize that the guy you keep disparaging due to his injuries has already shattered Witten’s production in only six shortened seasons. We won’t even include playoffs, because that wouldn’t be fair.

Ironically, Dallas is my favorite NFC team (my father is a fan) and I’ve gone to bat for Tony Romo more times than I probably should have over the years. I’ve always thought Witten was a stud, and will wind up as among the best. He’s just simply not on the same level as Rob Gronkowski and never has been.

“The best ability is avail-ability”… come the fuck on, dude.

Week 4 update:

Witten - 7 catches for 47 yards.

Gronk - One catch for 11 yards. He’s finally on the board!!!

is Rex Ryan the best lockdown fatboy football coach in the game right now?

^reid?

The Bills have throttled two teams that played in the NFC and AFC Championship games last year. Rex went from almost certainly fired by Week 4 to being on top of the world. Can’t wait to see how they screw this one up.