If Tiger had any pride left he would retire

20th century you mean!

I did, indeed.

I wasn’t sure of the date of his suicide, so I took a stab at it.

But I should have verified it; you’re absolutely correct.

I’ve corrected my post.

True.

“Hey man, nice shot” - Filter

If anyone has 6th edition Security Analysis there’s a funny pre scandal quote re: Tiger Woods.

In the beginning where all the quotes are…

sp?

No, eng.

(Fixed the typo.)

I knew we’d get you someday.

Two mistakes in two posts. You’re showing your human side now.

Just barely.

FTFY

Conflicting reports on the big cats recovery. Although I would like to see him enter some sort of partial retirement for his own sake, the initial reports were pretty scary. Hopefully for him & his kids sake he is ok.

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25492622/two-of-tiger-woods-friends-weigh-in-on-his-back-issues-and-future-health

A sweetheart like Lindsey Vonn deciding to go exclusive with him just shows you how faithfulness is an overrated trait. And his next wife whomever that is wouldn’t even hold that against him.

I guess I missed this topic but as someone already pointed out, the dude literally won PGA Player of the Year in 2013 which was four years post-scandal. People seem to forget that because he didn’t win a major which I always think is ludicrous. It’s just four tournaments a year. There have been a ton of no name winners in the golf majors, it’s not tennis.

That 2013 Masters was ridiculous anyway. His Saturday round with that stupid shot that was dead on the pin, hit the f’ing thing and rolled back into the water. Then he got docked another two strokes from dropping his ball like a few feet from the wrong spot. It was a likely four stroke swing and that’s how far back he wound up finishing from Adam Scott. I know we’re going butterfly effect here but still… that was a pretty flukey thing that resulted from hitting a very good shot.

There’s two things at work here that far exceed his mental game due to cheating on his wife. His body sucks and is breaking down. Also the field is insanely more talented than it was in the late 90s and early 00s when he was destroying the tour (which one could argue is his own fault lol). Even if he gets himself back into contending shape can he really outduel Spieth, Scott, Day, McIlroy, et al. for four days? Doesn’t look great.

^ Excellent assessment. Tiger’s current A-game, which he rarely has anymore, is not as good as the A-games of Spieth, McIlroy, Day, and Fowler. The odds of him having his A-game for 4 consecutive days and all of the young guns being off their games at the same time is pretty small. I continue to think he might be able to steal a Masters sometime in the next 5 or 6 years because of his familiarity with and comfort on the course, but he has little to no chance in other majors. Tiger used to intimidate his opponents so much that he had a 2 stroke advantage the second he stepped on the 1st tee. The young guys admire his career, but they aren’t afraid of him the way his contemporaries were.

Oddly enough he just tweeted out a video of him taking a full swing with the caption “progressing nicely”. So, here we go again!

Very solid points. I agree he doesnt instill fear in the hearts of his opponents anymore, and I can see him pulling off another major in some amazing round and everyone being thrilled, but I just want him to stay involved in the game no matter what. His aggressive swing really caught up to his aging body, hopefully he can find a more balanced swing but with guys like Dustin Johnson (who I cant believe hasnt won one, he is always so close) bombing the ball out there he needs his putter to be Spieth-like.

Spieth/Rory going against Tiger is like kobe against Jordan. They idolize the guy, but watching someone on TV your whole life and playing against them after their prime. Had they played against 2000 US Open Tiger, they wouldnt have a clue what to do either. When Tiger outdrove you by a mile, hit short irons on par 5’s, and nailed every clutch putt it seemed like you needed to play the best golf of your life just to

Even if he isnt competing for a win, it would be nice to see Tiger out there playing solid golf and enjoying himself ala Tom Watson the last few years.

Prior to this latest injury break, I was optimistic that Tiger could return to form and perhaps win another Masters or at least get back to contending in the majors. As others have pointed out , Tiger won 5 of 16 tournaments in 2013 and was player of the year. However with this latest setback and being out for so long, I honestly think he will struggle to win again. I think his body will continue to break down, plus Tiger has no competitive advantage over McIlroy/Spieth/Day/Fowler etc. other than his experience. It is a shame because we will never see another player dominate the sport the way he did.

PS I think Tiger is a tool and cannot stand his arrogance and personality, but I admire his golf game.

^Tiger Woods has a personality?

Tiger and Nadal. Two people who will never win major tournaments again.

HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO