If you Fail L3- What impact does it have on your life besides inconvenience?

Besides inconvenience ( well not as much as anticipated thanks to that 2009 CR post and seeing that material is virtually thesame). But for me it’s 2 things: 1) Pushing back another year to sign up for MBA/Masters 2) Explaining to potential employers whom received my resume already that I failed ( no shame in failing but I dont like boasting about it)

Yes, main drawbacks are (1 and 2 can be chalked up to inconvenience, but just to be complete): 1) Another $600 out the door. 2) Another year before I can be done with this stuff. 3) Next spring I will be busy with this, rather than other stuff. 4) Explaining to people that I failed, particularly the people I live with, but also colleagues, friends, etc…, and people who don’t understand how challenging the exams are.

I will be pissed…

well if i fail… u guys will have me hanging around for 1 more year… i know not many ppl will be thrilled with the idea!!!

Well, if you get a new supervisor, it could get entertaining again.

Most importantly, my good name will be tarnished. This would most likely cost me serious $$ and possibly promotion. Why are we talking about this?!

No impact whatsoever.

$600? if you do it on the cheap and don’t purchase new materials or classes. IMHO, spend what it takes to kill the thing the first go around. Use the latest schweser. Take the classes. Buy the books. Kill it. Taking the sucker a second or third time will be more expensive time wise and new material wise then purchasing everything the first time around. If you go cheap the second time, my guess is that you will fail.

bluelily Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I will be pissed… AHAHAHAHA. Love it! Ditto to this.

JacksonSF Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > $600? > > if you do it on the cheap and don’t purchase new > materials or classes. IMHO, spend what it takes > to kill the thing the first go around. Use the > latest schweser. Take the classes. Buy the > books. Kill it. Taking the sucker a second or > third time will be more expensive time wise and > new material wise then purchasing everything the > first time around. If you go cheap the second > time, my guess is that you will fail. Oh, I spent more than $600 last time around. I just meant that not passing would guarantee another $600 out the door, the rest is sunk costs. Given that there is not a substantial change in the curriculum this year, I might just review the biggest themes by using last years’ notes and concentrate my efforts on the CFAI readings this time around. Stalla does have a 50% off price for retakers (it’s free if you meet a higher set of preparation standards than I was able to meet). However, I’m keeping fingers crossed that it won’t come to that.

Been through it several times on Level II and Level III. The negatives are fairly obvious and listed in the posts above. The best advice I can give, if you want to continue, is to register for 2009 as quickly as possible and start thinking about preparing for next June. Seeing the Fail result is an awful experience, and you should put it behind you as quickly as possible. Hopefully I passed, but I will be back for a fourth time if necessary. The problem for me is when to pull the plug, which most sane people probably would have done by now.

I will be pi$$ed and then move on after a month or so.

Level 8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Been through it several times on Level II and > Level III. The negatives are fairly obvious and > listed in the posts above. The best advice I can > give, if you want to continue, is to register for > 2009 as quickly as possible and start thinking > about preparing for next June. Seeing the Fail > result is an awful experience, and you should put > it behind you as quickly as possible. Hopefully I > passed, but I will be back for a fourth time if > necessary. The problem for me is when to pull the > plug, which most sane people probably would have > done by now. Wow, congrats for going so far. I mean if I failed Level 1 more then twice, then i would quit the program. If i failed L2 more than twice, i would seriously need to reconsider my options. But if your a Level 3 candidate, i dont think it matters how many times you failed, you have gotten this far, you just have to keep going. I would never pull the plug at level 3 no matter how many times ive failed, no way.

IH8FSA-- man just do the MBA- no point in holding that back.

If I have to repeat this…possible divorce.

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If I have to repeat this…possible divorce. This is not a joke, huh?

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ws Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > If I have to repeat this…possible divorce. > > This is not a joke, huh? Not a joke, very possible.

So far the impact has been: Gastritis, esophagitis and other good stuff. Thanks CFA!

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bromion Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ws Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > If I have to repeat this…possible divorce. > > > > This is not a joke, huh? > > Not a joke, very possible. I’m not married, but I can sympathize – a repeat in the near future would probably be the end of my relationship. She hates the CFA even more than I do.

> I’m not married, but I can sympathize – a repeat > in the near future would probably be the end of my > relationship. She hates the CFA even more than I > do. I’m in the same boat. my 7 year relationship could very well come to an end. This is why i am waiting to pass before pursuing further education such as mba/masters in finance because doing both at the same time would be a deal breaker for sure.