If you Fail L3- What impact does it have on your life besides inconvenience?

IH8FSA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m in the same boat. my 7 year relationship > could very well come to an end. This is why i am > waiting to pass before pursuing further education > such as mba/masters in finance because doing both > at the same time would be a deal breaker for sure. Man, f*ck this test. It’s not worth it.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > IH8FSA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m in the same boat. my 7 year relationship > > could very well come to an end. This is why i > am > > waiting to pass before pursuing further > education > > such as mba/masters in finance because doing > both > > at the same time would be a deal breaker for > sure. > > Man, f*ck this test. It’s not worth it. That is why when an “HR Rep” tries to play it off that CFA is “standard” test and “everyone has it” I feel like bashing her head in. Just because its a common exam, and alot of people in investment field does have the charter, does’nt mean it’s an easy test. ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS COMING FROM THE MOUTH OF SOMEONE WHO TOOK COURSES SUCH AS “ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR” AND “FUNDAMENTALS OF HR MANAGEMENT” IN UNIVERSITY.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > IH8FSA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m in the same boat. my 7 year relationship > > could very well come to an end. This is why i > am > > waiting to pass before pursuing further > education > > such as mba/masters in finance because doing > both > > at the same time would be a deal breaker for > sure. > > Man, f*ck this test. It’s not worth it. No, F*ck any one who wouldn’t wait. They aren’t worth it and they should be dead to you.

lol @ “they should be dead to you” I know where you’re coming from Warrior. But sometimes it’s just plain ignorance, or not knowing. I mean if your significant other came from a community college, or took a social science major, then they have never took a test that was 1/10 th the magnitude of the level 1 exam. I mean they had to worry about what collages they could come up with on their poster for a group project. so they really cannot comprehend what you have to sacrifice and endure to pass all 3 levels. The only way the peson will totally understand is if they went through it themselves

IH8FSA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bromion Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > IH8FSA Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I’m in the same boat. my 7 year relationship > > > could very well come to an end. This is why i > > am > > > waiting to pass before pursuing further > > education > > > such as mba/masters in finance because doing > > both > > > at the same time would be a deal breaker for > > sure. > > > > Man, f*ck this test. It’s not worth it. > > > That is why when an “HR Rep” tries to play it off > that CFA is “standard” test and “everyone has it” > I feel like bashing her head in. Just because its > a common exam, and alot of people in investment > field does have the charter, does’nt mean it’s an > easy test. > > ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS COMING FROM THE MOUTH OF > SOMEONE WHO TOOK COURSES SUCH AS “ORGANIZATIONAL > BEHAVIOUR” AND “FUNDAMENTALS OF HR MANAGEMENT” IN > UNIVERSITY. What’s annyoing are HR people that only want to look at undergrad trasncripts vs the fact that someone passed L1 and 2 (on first try if that’s worth anything). So what, I hated sitting in a class all day with a bunch of suck a$$’ so I didn’t get all A’s…I think keeping at it after university is more important, no?

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >> What’s annyoing are HR people that only want to > look at undergrad trasncripts vs the fact that > someone passed L1 and 2 (on first try if that’s > worth anything). So what, I hated sitting in a > class all day with a bunch of suck a$$’ so I > didn’t get all A’s…I think keeping at it after > university is more important, no? To be fair, I really don’t think L1 and L2 were all that difficult. I’m not going to comment on L3 seeing I probably failed, but I would definitely not rate passing 2 levels of the CFA above doing well in a top-tier school. My personal feelings are that many CFA’s think way too highly of themselves just because they passed these tests. I’m not saying they shouldn’t feel good about their achievement and I do agree it requires a high level of commitment, but so do a lot of things in life. I have met far too many CFA charterholders who are quite cocky for passing these tests and try to make it seem far more prestigious than it actually is.

I can’t really answer the question asked but I can answer a slightly modified version of the question asked: if you lozers fail L3 what impact does it have on MY life? The answer, quite truthfully, is nothing. But the emotional high I’ll experience knowing that CFAI tried hard to prevent another 17,000 of these darn things being printed off is another story. That alone will likely cause me to break out into hysteric laughter. But back to the reason why you guys failing has no affect on me. When I hire analysts, the FIRST thing I ask is “Are/were you a poster on the popular financial website analystforum . com and if so, what was the name of your on-screen persona”. From that, I pause the interview to conduct exhaustive research into who you really are. Following the results of my research, I synthesize my findings into a hire/no-hire decision. Willy

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can’t really answer the question asked but I can > answer a slightly modified version of the question > asked: if you lozers fail L3 what impact does it > have on MY life? The answer, quite truthfully, is > nothing. But the emotional high I’ll experience > knowing that CFAI tried hard to prevent another > 17,000 of these darn things being printed off is > another story. That alone will likely cause me to > break out into hysteric laughter. But back to the > reason why you guys failing has no affect on me. > When I hire analysts, the FIRST thing I ask is > “Are/were you a poster on the popular financial > website analystforum . com and if so, what was the > name of your on-screen persona”. From that, I > pause the interview to conduct exhaustive research > into who you really are. Following the results of > my research, I synthesize my findings into a > hire/no-hire decision. > > Willy Started ok, but ended bad. Overall +0.5 for beginning

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can’t really answer the question asked but I can > answer a slightly modified version of the question > asked: if you lozers fail L3 what impact does it > have on MY life? The answer, quite truthfully, is > nothing. But the emotional high I’ll experience > knowing that CFAI tried hard to prevent another > 17,000 of these darn things being printed off is > another story. That alone will likely cause me to > break out into hysteric laughter. But back to the > reason why you guys failing has no affect on me. > When I hire analysts, the FIRST thing I ask is > “Are/were you a poster on the popular financial > website analystforum . com and if so, what was the > name of your on-screen persona”. From that, I > pause the interview to conduct exhaustive research > into who you really are. Following the results of > my research, I synthesize my findings into a > hire/no-hire decision. > > Willy Oh hey what’s up fat willy! Glad to see you’re still alive and kicking! Do me a favor and go get yourself high sometime. I think it will help you lose that huge boulder on your shoulder from what I suspect is you failing the CFA. I also have the number of this awesome cult that I think you may be interested in: we join hands every Thursday night at 11:13 PM to speak to our alien mothership while we sprinkle bee pollen and pine needle over our heads. Give me a call; I’ll hook you up.

dean1981 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA_Halifax Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > >> What’s annyoing are HR people that only want > to > > look at undergrad trasncripts vs the fact that > > someone passed L1 and 2 (on first try if that’s > > worth anything). So what, I hated sitting in a > > class all day with a bunch of suck a$$’ so I > > didn’t get all A’s…I think keeping at it > after > > university is more important, no? > > > To be fair, I really don’t think L1 and L2 were > all that difficult. I’m not going to comment on > L3 seeing I probably failed, but I would > definitely not rate passing 2 levels of the CFA > above doing well in a top-tier school. My > personal feelings are that many CFA’s think way > too highly of themselves just because they passed > these tests. I’m not saying they shouldn’t feel > good about their achievement and I do agree it > requires a high level of commitment, but so do a > lot of things in life. I have met far too many > CFA charterholders who are quite cocky for passing > these tests and try to make it seem far more > prestigious than it actually is. I agree, but I definetly didn’t go to a top school, so I’m hoping that when this all done, it will override by 3.45 from an avg Canadian school…

For those who answered it would not have any effect on my life, I am shocked you guys are in finance. If you plan on taking it again, then I recommend you guys reading about “opportunity cost”. A term that should have been understood well before completing your bachelor degree.

If I fail, I probably won’t continue for 2009’s exam. Also, I could have got my charter after I pass level III so the downside is my charter will be pending for another year if I fail it.

Yes, opportunity cost is indeed quite high for another year of preparation for the exam… - my husband will leave me, - i won’t be able to take ballet classes, tap dance and go running anymore, - my friends will give up on me, - i will turn into a cave woman again, - won’t have time to read the sunday paper in the park, I guess the list could go on forever… By the way, is it all worth it? Introspective moment now…

when i failed level 2 I had to get a lecture from my manager about how i was clearly going out boozing and banging chicks too much and that is why i failed (i’m not sure why he thought i was some sort of alcoholic womanizer considering i had a long term gf). let’s just say i wouldn’t look forward to a repeat performance. oh and i also would have to study for another year which i think might kill my sanity.

Who started this 4king thread?

guta1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > By the way, is it all worth it? Introspective > moment now… Funny thing is we all seem to be doubting it now in retrospect compared to what many of us said after L1 or even 2. Humans are a funny specie.

Hope you meant species; humans as specie went out of style long ago. :wink:

knew that didn’t look right. long day

Well… after a long and deep thought about it, I realised it’s not worth it! But what I am supposed to do if I fail? Re-take the last level? Or give up and live my life thinking that I am stronger than a charter and that doesn’t mean anything to me? As people in other threads said, the worst mistake in my life was passing level 1…

guta1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes, opportunity cost is indeed quite high for > another year of preparation for the exam… > - my husband will leave me, > - i won’t be able to take ballet classes, tap > dance and go running anymore, > - my friends will give up on me, > - i will turn into a cave woman again, > - won’t have time to read the sunday paper in the > park, > > I guess the list could go on forever… > > By the way, is it all worth it? Introspective > moment now… You should proabably get 7 or 8 cats to round out the cave woman lifestyle. Nothing says crazy and isolated like lots of cats.