If you had $50 million...

Let’s suppose your parents are rich and they give you $50 million. Besides spending the money on frivolous items, what would you do exactly with that money? Chartered Financial Analyst charterholders… go!

stop studying immediately…

See if Madoff is available to look after it for me.

Two chicks at the same time.

AliMan, are you speaking from experience? If so, you’re buying me lunch on Wednesday.

I’d buy you 50 monkeys.

Chartered Financial Analyst charterholders - doesn’t that sound so redundant?

It’s been a while since I’ve thought about logical asset allocations in this environment. Probably it’d be pretty conservative and would sound rather unimaginative. Obviously, a lot would depend on the traditional things in the L3 curriculum - liquidity needs, tax considerations, time horizons, risk tolerances, etc., but in the end it would probably look look something like your usual 60-40 stock/bond split with tactical allocations overlaid. Tactical deviations would probably include things like: * overweight US stuff, but be prepared to shift to emerging markets when things improve. * slight overweight Russel 2000 * cash overweight, or at least reflecting expectations that equity volatility will be higher than historical averages for an extended period * additional allocations to commodities, gold, and TIPS. Alternatives allocations are tougher right now, because many of the historical statistics on them are probably not representative of performance in the environment going forward. Assuming due diligence, I’d probably do the following: * add some CTAs, not so much for the commodity exposure as for the idea that this is an environment that favors traders over investors. * distressed debt hedge funds. There’s clearly value out there for doing this right - but how to measure whether your manager knows what he/she is doing. * global macro funds - similar argument for distressed debt. * equity long-short hedge funds - smaller allocation, since the spreads can still do funky things, but I’ve always been partial to market neutral investing philosophies, and their brethren. In this environment, information and the way to process it has tremendous value. Anyone want to hire me?

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > See if Madoff is available to look after it for > me. +1

TMurf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Two chicks at the same time. +10

Probably buy Iceland :slight_smile:

Buy 50 million lottery tickets and hope to get lucky.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Buy 50 million lottery tickets and hope to get > lucky. HAHAHAHAHA! I would hire JTLD to be my personal comedian.

2 doses of air. old news… http://www.lawyerintl.com/law-articles/2225-Manhattan%20church%20sells%20air%20rights%20for%20$30%20million

Two chicks at the same time. +10 more Willy

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Two chicks at the same time. > > +10 more > > Willy WillyR, your mom is like two in one.

I have two in one’d your mom…if you get what I’m saying Sub. Willy

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Let’s suppose your parents are rich and they give > you $50 million. Besides spending the money on > frivolous items, what would you do exactly with > that money? Chartered Financial Analyst > charterholders… go! same damn thing im doing now only with nicer sh*t.

TIPS

Buy a strip club.