In case there was any question the feds are in the pockets of Big Pharma

https://www.yahoo.com/news/reefer-sadness-feds-keep-restrictions-143632589.html

Cliff Notes version: The federal government won’t remove marijuana from the schedule 1 list because "there is insufficient evidence to show that marijuana’s ‘known risks’ outweigh any ‘specific benefits’ its use might offer. The Drug Enforcement Administration concluded that weed has no ‘currently accepted medical use’’ because its 'chemistry is not known and reproducible; there are no adequate safety studies; there are no adequate and well-controlled studies proving efficacy; the drug is not accepted by qualified experts; and the scientific evidence is not widely available.”

What a crock. Big pharma can’t profit off of pot, so has to stay on schedule 1.

God fucking damn it.

On behalf of parents of children with epilepsy, fuck you DEA.

I would think that pharmaceutical companies would stand to profit from marijuana legalization. JNJ could stock every pharmacy with their brand of pot drugs, just like they do with hand sanitizer (that wasn’t even a thing 10 years ago).

Anyway, most drugs take years and years and years to get approved. There might be some political bias from anti-marijuana camps in government, but I don’t think this is a conspiracy or something.

a few thoughts 1) I find this release wording rather outdated. a company called GW Pharma has produced strong Phase3 data this year for their weed based plant. it’s a real placebo controlled study for children with epilepsy. so scientific evidence (at least with regards to the strain GW is using) exists. 2) I’m sure the govt is referring to your standard whatever weed plant since what comes from the street isn’t anywhere near that quality

Well someone is lying. There’s a shit-ton of proof CBD (marijuana oil extract) drastically helps reduce seizures, especially in children. And, it does so without the horrible side-effects of current anti-seizure meds. There’s a huge amount of research to support this and my son’s doctor actually testified in front of the Missouri legislature to help get it legalized a couple years ago.

This may be a very specific case, but that’s all you need to break the absolute language of the DEA when they say “there is no known medical purpose for marijuana.” That’s a complete and utter lie.

Forget about insomnia, pain, muscle relaxation, anxiety, and a whole host of other ailments that it’s shown to help relieve.

Seriously, screw Obama and screw the DEA.

I understand what you’re saying here, but it’s interesting to note that the DEA said this:

“This decision isn’t based on danger. This decision is based on whether marijuana, as determined by the FDA, is a safe and effective medicine,” he said, “and it’s not.”

Source: http://www.npr.org/2016/08/10/489509471/dea-rejects-attempt-to-loosen-federal-restrictions-on-marijuana

Being schedule I has nothing to do with how dangerous a drug is. It’s really only based on two factors: 1) Does it have any, at all, medical purpose? And, 2) does it have the potential to be abused?

Keep in mind the current drugs on Schedule II include cocaine and meth. Seriously, WTF…

More reason to vote Gary Johnson

Just one more reason to move to canada!

also, there are recent studies that THC use eliminates the Beta Amyloid (Aβ) plaque found in Alzheimers “Cannabinoids such as tetrahydrocannabinol stimulate the removal of intraneuronal Aβ, block the inflammatory response, and are protective. Altogether these data show that there is a complex and likely autocatalytic inflammatory response within nerve cells caused by the accumulation of intracellular Aβ, and that this early form of proteotoxicity can be blocked by the activation of cannabinoid receptors.”

http://www.nature.com/articles/npjamd201612 — Instead of using THC, one of the clinical trials i’m involved in is for “Solanezumab,” a monoclonal antibody being investigated by Eli Lilly as a neuroprotector for patients with Alzheimer’s disease.

I love how the only winner here is the illegal drug cartels that get to avoid competition. Such a circus. If only pot had the health benefits of alcohol and tobacco.

Yeah, that whole thing reeks of Bull$hite.

On a positive note, for the 20 state that have legalized medical pot, the dispensaries will still benefit so long as the feds leave them alone. It’ll be interesting to see what the next president does. Trump’s willing to leave it up to the states (at least that’s what he said a while back…who knows for sure?) but I have no idea what Hildog may do.

^ Hillary says she supports medical marijuana on a state-by-state basis. Same as The Donald.

^Well, that’s a least a ray of hope.

I still think it’ll be completely legal within 10 years.

I’m totally for making it legal. locking people up for having some recreational weed is just stupid. heck, I smell it on the streets every single day

Malia Obama was photopgraphed smoking a joint at Lollapalooza in Chicago (I just heard about it this morning). Does BO address this? I think this is a great opportunity for him to take a public stance in favor of legalization.

Worst news I have heard in a while. Was really hoping Obama would force through some action on pot and redeem himself for plenty of negatives. Anyone who talks about the negatives about pot with a straight face is a complete piece of crap. Yes there are some, but its significantly less than alcohol and 10x better than the crap they give people for pain now. Big Pharma has our govt bought and paid for. I for one have welcomed our corporate overloards in all aspects of life long ago.

On a side note, I grabbed some bud a few weeks ago to save some cash and cut back on my drinking. Down 10lbs and certainly cheaper

You guys always miss the big picture…

The humans are the slaves of the corporate entity (essentially AI); maximize profits, at your expense.

This has definitely been a failure of Obama and he deserves blame. I don’t find much fault in his Presidency, but he needed to do better here.