indian candidates - which center to choose?

money spent being the most important criteria, which center should i choose singapore, hk, bangkok, kathmandu, dubai, colombo are the choice i went to kathmandu for level I and it was not easy

I am not from India but am curious…isn’t the selection list based on varies cities in different countries/or actually different countries or do they name the centers by these names…just a curious Am.

Why do you say that Kathmandu was not easy?

actually, flight from delhi was 25000 bucks, so i decided to go by train -> bus, took a train from mumbai to gorakhpur which took 40 hours to gorakhpur, then another 15 hours of road travel to kathmandu, although i was mentally prepared for all this but still it was too much and i just dont like the idea of doing all this once again

There’s no exams in Dubai as far as I know mate, the centre is in Abu Dhabi, which is about 2 hours away from Dubai.

I travelled to bangkok for my L1; Spent lil over 30K including sight-seeing post exam; didnt have any trouble anywhere; my choice would narrow down to 1- bangkok 2- Colombo (depending on war dere) 3 - HK/Singapore Sameer: Since we travel from mumbai, we could travel together and avail better hotel/airfares if u like…

when is the last day we can change our centers?

is any body going to bangkok after dec 08 riots?

i wen to KL in dec and it was smooth and cheap…so consider that as well…

wow… i hope the 35000 bucks is in local currency…

i registered for germany. bit of fun never hurts :slight_smile:

sameeragarwal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > actually, flight from delhi was 25000 bucks, so i > decided to go by train -> bus, took a train from > mumbai to gorakhpur which took 40 hours to > gorakhpur, then another 15 hours of road travel to > kathmandu, although i was mentally prepared for > all this but still it was too much and i just dont > like the idea of doing all this once again 25000 bucks??? even i went to nepal for level1 and paid 9600 rs return fare from delhi-kathamdu airindia… even though nepal is tough for me since i stay in mumbai and then i have to go first delhi by train and then delhi-nepal by flight and that is not easy though i am considering bangkok as a centre

@hellboy you went to bangkok during dec …what was the situtation in thailand at that time? is it safe to travel in bangkok? i am also considering to go to bangkok

Hi I went to singapore for L1 in Dec and found that extremely convenient. Safe and stable but is always convenient. I would reccomend everyone to use that rather than Nepal or Colombo. Cheers…

I think my final choice would narrow down to: 1. BKK or 2. Colombo I’m watching developments in both cities. Anyone from Mumbai wanting to do group booking feel free to join-in. My local contact in BKK tells me that the crisis in thailand has ended (for now). Unless fresh trouble erupts, bangkok is the cheapest and decent enough choice from Mumbai. Mumbai - KL flights r mostly over-night and with multiple legs…not a good idea @chiank I took L1 in June 08. no trouble then @Gautam Thanks for bringing up KL

ya bangkok will be nice place to go since there are direct flights from mumbai… what is KL???a anybody considered dubai as centre option( dubai is not centre but abudhabi is which is just 1.5hrs from dubai so no problem) but there hotels are very expensive which makes budget expensive

I went to singapore for L1. only the airfare turned out expensive for me, otherwise the stayign options were pretty cheap… and singapore is a gud place to sightsee for 1 2 days after the exam. Considering abu dhabi for L2… any suggestions?

@chiank123 KL is kuala lumpur

anyone from Delhi planning to go to bangkok? we can probably do it together?

chiank123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what is KL??? Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia