Indoor Cats

Some cats are very affectionate.

I once had an adorable one which would continuously try to sit on me and come purr against my face, etc.

Damn I miss this chat.

cats are juss more selective. dont have a pet. but i’ve noticed dogs are, for the most part, always happy to see me. cats take awhile before they’ll chill.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/01/28/382230215/back-from-the-dead-a-cat-returns-home-five-days-after-his-burial?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

or you can get this

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/i-cant-stop-looking-at-this-pit-bull-dachshund-mixs-dum-1682660063?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Zombie cat apocalypse! Run! Meow!

Bump. Just 'cause.

Caucasian Shepherds would eat coyotes as palate cleansers between wolves (main course).

My parents just got a shelter cat. It is a year old. It was really skittish when it first got back from the shelter. They were keeping it inside until it becomes accustomed with their house and the enviornment. Unfortunately, my Mom forgot it was an inside cat the first day and let it outside (she has dementia). Everyone thought the cat was gone. It wasn’t declawed, but it was pretty young and innocent. Miraculously it wandered back 48 hours later. The next time I visited my parents, this cat was in heaven. I couldn’t believe how fast it adjusted. It is now very loyal, trusting, and affectionate.

Cats make everything stink. They pee (mark their territory) and shed on everything.

And declawing a cat is very controversial. Suprised I haven’t seen more heat in this thread about Greenie repeatedly mentioning he tortured his cats.

My family has an indoor cat (special breed, someone would steal it). He’s more like a dog anyway though, he will follow you around the house like a dog and he plays fetch. It’s pretty awesome actually.

Would it be as popular if it was called amputation? “Hey honey, should we have have Garfield’s end bones chopped off?” “Sounds like a plan, I’ll call the vet.” The term “declaw” reminds me of “abortion”. Both effective euphemisms.

To all those who say that declawing a cat is inhumane and animal cruelty…

If a cat is going to live in my house, then it will be declawed. Period. So here are the cat’s options:

1. Live on the street, in the 100-degree summers and freezing winters, chasing down your prey, hoping that the foxes and dogs don’t eat you. If you do get chased by a fox, at least you have claws to run up a tree.
  2. Live in the pound in a 3x3 cage. Sleep in your own piss and shit litterbox. No room to run around. Look out of the glass and see all the people stare at you all day, while you eat bad food and sleep in your own litterbox. You still have your claws, as if that’s any consolation.
  3. Live in the pound in a big cage with 18 other cats. Still no place to sleep, because they’re all taken by other cats. You have a little more room to run, as long as you don’t step on somebody else while they’re sleeping. You still have your claws, which is good. You’re going to need them to defend yourself when you get into fights on a daily basis.
  4. Go live at Greenie’s 3000 square foot house. It generally stays between 69 and 74 in his house. There’s no place that’s off limits to you (except the table and kitchen counters). Get fed premium Iam’s cat food. Drink out of a running water fountain. (Or the toilet, if that’s your thing.) Sleep on couches, beds, windowsills, and carpet that’s in the sunlight. Your litterbox gets cleaned every day. You get to sleep next to Greenie when he’s in bed, or you can sit on his lap while he watches TV. He’ll pet you and rub your chin, and you can purr just as loud as you want. The downside–he has your claws surgically removed while you’re under anesthesia when you’re a kitten. So you don’t really remember them. And you certainly don’t need them.

Given these options, which one would you choose?

I think there’s too much hype on the declawing part about how "unnatural and cruel " it is.

There’s been studies that found most cats behavior don’t change at all.

will agree though it’s probably best to do it when the cat is young so it’s totally used to it

Speaking of declawing, I hope you are all circumcising your cats. AF deems it very important.

So crazy. The US spends tax dollars to stem female genital mutilation, yet pays for male genital mutilation. The latest I saw are doctors that get off on it. Sexual deviates know no bounds.

2,3,4 are all hacksaw.

1 all the way. Free markets baby.