Initial reactions?

Hello all! I sat for my CFA Level 1 in Singapore yesterday. I think I completely screwed the morning paper. I think the afternoon paper was more doable. Now I can only keep my fingers and toes X-ed. For thte break even question I considered the fixed financing costs too…and I got something like 1.2 million IIRC. Hmm. Not too confident of my answers

i think the breakeven does include that f+c / p - v

I took the test in Dallas, exam 1010 was the moring exam and 1111 was the afternoon exam. I felt the afternoon exam was easier than the morning exam. Got to the test center about 7:30 and found out you really didnt need to be there by 8 so i went back out to my car and reviewed some notes. I finished both exams with about 20-30 minutes left so I got to go back to a few of the ones that i needed to take a second look at. I thought the exam was hard but yet straightforward and passable if you know your stuff. I feel good about ethics and kindof good about FSA. I definetly didn’t spend enough time studying Econ which was covered more on the exam that i thought it would be. Absolutely dominated PM and FI. I wish there was more Derivatives because I am good at them. I feel reasonably good about passing but we will see. If i dont pass, just start up again in February and hit it hard for 4 months.

oops just saw the pedge sorry

I could not believe how quickly I finished writing both am and pm tests each with like 45 minutes to spare. This gave me significant time to review questions that I had marked as being unsure about and extra time to go over all of the ethics/fsa questions. The questions were way more conceptual than the practice tests, especially Schweser which helped with the time management concerns but left me feeling 50/50 on too many questions…who knows.

I was in Hall 1A, session Q…the session where it was very noisy (do not know what it was but we were able to move to another seat!!! thanks god!!!) morning session was ok, did finish 10 mn before, PM was easier, finish 45 mn before…

I was in “OOO” in 1C in NYC. I thought the morning session was much easier than the afternoon. It was funny I thought morning was very reasonable and as such was quite confident, and then I thought “I wonder if they tilt one session easy and the other hard” before I took the next… Maybe they did not do it on purpose, but sure enough I found the afternoon session much more challenging. Especially the calculations in QUNT & FSA. Im 50/50 would be dissapointed if I failed but not surpised.

i thought it was pretty hard…i’m not sure how i did to be totally honest. i don’t necessarily think i failed, BUT it could happen

i’m a borderliner. wouldn’t be surprised either way. i thought there were many easy questions, but then others i had to completely guess or had down to 2 choices. i know i at least passed ethics, but would of loved to have crushed it to help out some of my weaker areas.