Interesting Commute Today

I BOUGHT GUN FOR CARRY OVER LUNCH. AMERICA!

What’d you get?

I use M&P Shield .40 S&W

what did you get?!?!

I 100% agree that my response was the best one for everybody and that even with a gun, the best response was exactly what I did. I also have a cop stopping by by house after work to file the official report (thanks Geo).

On an unrelated note, this was a wakeup call in that had the guy had a gun or some form of weapon, things were in his court. Particularly had I been boxed in by traffic and had my 2 year old in the back. Not to mention that my resolution on my last visit was to start carrying again around my family’s dogs. I’ve been wanted to get something small for carry (all my stuff is fullsize and now packed away from my kid’s reach) and have been too lazy to get my MA permits.

I had fallen into the camp of thinking that concealed carry was unnecessary as you can always use your head to get out of a situation. Which is what happened, so I was right in this case, but am now less confidenet in that claim.

Anyhow, I got a nice M&P Shield 9 (it was between that and the Kahr K9), ultimately I went for the striker fired trigger and lower price. Got it from an online wholesaler for under $350, should be delivered to a PA dealer next week for pickup (still have PA ID and billing). One of the reasons I have the PA ID is for gun purchases, the restrictions (magazine and trigger in particular) for MA are rough.

M&P Shield 9, I have an affinity for 9’s. Bud’s Gun Shop new under $350 no Tritons.

Or maybe just don’t escalate the situation by tailgating. Or carry. Either way.

That seems like a fair to good price, similar to what I paid for mine.

Hard to tell where you stand on this tale. I’m guessing the world is a better place because of one less lawyer?

Dude, five seconds of tailgaiting someone immediately after they pull out in front of you isn’t even aggressive behavior.

Maybe I should just spend my life in a bubble in case someone takes offense and uses that as a reason to go GTA on me including a hit and run and physically attacking my vehicle.

Oh, I’m thinking if you’re punching in windows, death might be the risk you take. I’d be fearing for my life if I was in the car.

My take is that when you punch in a window on someone’s car (particularly with your own kids in your car) you’re just asking for this sort of thing to happen.

Really, I’m cool with either solution.

To be honest if someone was doing that to my car i would be extremely scared and at the same time angry.

If you have a young family like yourself, i think bulletproof windows would be a great choice. Just get the minimum level of protection.

This idea really hit me after watching what happnened to one young family in a Range Rover on HH Parkway. The bikers smashed the window of the Rover and dragged him out beating him up (the perpetrators included NYPD and undercover NYPD). The wife was also semi dragged but managed to fight off with the help of bystanders. All this happend while their daughter watched in absolute horror. If the driver of the Rover had a gun…game over for him…But a bullet proof windows and doors, maybe different outcome? dunno.

I am not spending thousands for bullet proof windows.

Also, I’m not sure a gun wouldn’t have been effective although I’d really be hesitant to pull in a situation like that.

So an old lady was complaining about the new open carry laws in Texas. The guy next to her says, “That would be a lot more comfortable than the way I carry now.” Should have seen her face. Too funny.

Yeah i think the lowest level of protection costs around 40k. And if you happen to get a rock chip? GG

Construction approaching. Right lane closed ahead sign. Most people getting over early, except one asshole zips by everyone. I don’t let him in at the merge. Apparently, I’m the dick. Chases me down the highyway raising his fist. I must say my well formed bird out the sunroof was far more impressive. Little dude of Asian descent with wifey in beamer SUV. I so wanted to stop and “discuss” the matter.

Well, the best action would have been to not tailgate people in areas where people drive around with guns. But maybe that is just me.

that situation was an outlier. Not sure how often you see a group of 100 bikers on the highway without the cops close by. I just watched the vid and i dont know why the guy in the range ever got off the highway.