Interesting Commute Today

It is the outliers that really get us good…

Well also make sure to let in everybody that wants to merge ahead of you in traffic anywhere, always make room for everyone, never ever cut someone off or enter traffic unless they wave you in and DEFINITELY DEFINITELY never make eye contact with anyone and you should be good. Keep in mind that people still have guns in vehicles even in places that ban them so this should apply to everywhere. Good logic!

Oh and don’t forget knives! Upper East Side two days ago:

http://www.metro.us/new-york/man-stabbed-multiple-times-during-upper-east-side-road-rage-incident/zsJpdx---ZEcT0q7bqbmE/

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/biker-doesn-blame-suv-driver-left-paralyzed-article-1.1711176

the situation BS went through today is a lot more common than the biker gang one. it did all start from someone cutting another off though.

I’m not saying this particular incident ws 100% your fault. But look, if I made a poll of “which of these AF users do you think was involved in an avoidable incident in which someone pulled a gun”? a) bchad, b) BS, 3) Greenman, 4) basically everyone else, 90% of the people will give the same answer. It’s pretty clear that you have some aggression issues yourself, and perhaps that will lead to a higher probability of dangerous situations over your life.

Nobody pulled a gun? Where are you getting this?

Ok, then change it to, “guy tried to smash a car window” or whatever. That’s besides the point, which is that I think your behavior and attitude lends itself towards violent situations to begin with. Someone with a more even temperament would probably be less likely to find themselves in such a situation in general.

Ohai, all you have to do is “google news” “man shot in road rage” to get a list of about 10 events over any given five day period. Most of them are as simple as cutting into a traffic merge (which everyone does) with the wrong person or not letting someone in at a merge (again, everybody). Then there are the slew of them that are equally dangerous but don’t involve guns (look at the stabbing on upper east side just two days ago).

So you’ve never tailgaited? The thing was, I wasn’t even angry at any point in this. We never exchanged looks and I never even thought anything was out of the ordinary until he stopped from that point on I was on the defensive just trying to avoid a confrontation. The tailgaiting (which I stated lasted about five seconds) was a natural result of him pulling out in front of me (and having to slow down).

I think you’re confusing AF with real life.

As a driver I have zero points on my license currently and have only had one accident which occured 14 years ago (single car). Hardly a nut job.

question comes down to this - if someone pulls a gun on you, would you want to have one youself or be without a gun?

So ohai, should I have let the guy merge and give the bully my lunch money? Am I aggressive if I don’t?

Ohai says this woman should never have honked.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/04/06/woman-shot-4-times-in-minneapolis-road-rage-incident-suspects-sought/

According to police, the 39-year-old woman reported that she was driving south on Hennepin Avenue near Groveland Avenue, near the Walker Art "Center, at about 5 p.m. Tuesday. When another southbound vehicle cut her off in rush-hour traffic, she honked her horn. The driver of the other vehicle pulled alongside her, and a passenger shot a gun into her car.

The woman was shot four times, three times in the arm and once in the abdomen."

And this police officer should have never let herself be cut off then shot at:

http://www.ksat.com/traffic/driver-arrested-for-shooting-at-police-officer-in-road-rage-incident

Police said Officer Crystal Torres was driving to work to the Northside Substation in her private car around 10:30 p.m. when she was cut off by a pickup truck on Highway 281 and Nakoma. That’s when Jose Rivera fired several shots in Torres’ direction, police said

OHAI, and just to clarify, the tailgating was the result of me slowing down for him (and lasted about 5s), I didn’t speed up to tailgate. It was intentional in that I could have braked harder to avoid it, but just opted not to and slowed down more gradually.

When he stopped I simply went around without even looking over because I didn’t know what his deal was and at this point didn’t think it was a big deal until I saw he was opening his door.

My only words in the entire confrontation when I rolled down my window was, “Dude, you hit me”.

Anyhow, TIL Ohai thinks AF is real life.

Guys, I think this explains ohai’s point of view:

Your perspective may change, ohai, if it happens to you.

america is crazy. road rage is pretty rare in Canada in my experience and 98% of the population not having any guns certainly helps. if everyone had a gun i’d probably be all anxious about every single human encounter too. heat drives people crazy too. not too many people are going to go all road ragey in Quebec City in middle of February. you guys need to chill out. literally.

I first read this in the British sense and you lifted your girl through the sunroof

I hate those people. Good on you for not letting them in.

From the mean streets of Stanford to an ivory tower. Must be rough.

At what point are you legally allowed to beat his ass? If he comes over and attacks your window, is that enough?

Beats me, but I really just wanted to get to work and I was 100% sure getting in a fight was not going to help.

Yes, you may do so to protect life, limb, and property.