Introduce Yourself Thread

prossetti Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m a software engineer for a video game company. Assuming you’re not fvcking with us, is it as cool a job as a lot of people think, or is it a tedious grind?

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > prossetti Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m a software engineer for a video game > company. > > > Assuming you’re not fvcking with us, is it as cool > a job as a lot of people think, or is it a tedious > grind? When I was like 12-13 I wanted to make video games…then I found out how crappy programming sounded

I put stickers on fruit. It’s very rewarding.

It’s pretty cool. When we get close to launch things get pretty hectic, but other than that it’s not so bad. We drink at work on Fridays and the dress code is ultra casual. If someone shows up in a button down shirt people will make fun of them and claim they are going to a job interview. I can play computer games during work and it’s completely normal. We call it “market research.” In fact, sometimes we’re required to help test the load on the servers by logging in our own games and playing together as a company. The downside is there are very few women (and almost all the ones that are here are not good looking). Most people that want to get their foot in the door in the game industry start in QA and then move to different areas. All in all, it’s much better than programming for some lame ass database software company or something. All that being said, I’m going back to school to get a top 15 MBA to switch to finance since I can make more money and I’m sick of programming.

Brian in MA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am a shrubber. My name is Roger the Shrubber. > I arrange, design and sell shubberies. You have 8 posts, than come into my thread and reply with the stupidest thing ever. You’re not funny. If I were Chad I would ban you for being internet ugly. You F ucking loser.

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Brian in MA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I am a shrubber. My name is Roger the Shrubber. > > > I arrange, design and sell shubberies. > > > You have 8 posts, than come into my thread and > reply with the stupidest thing ever. > You’re not funny. If I were Chad I would ban you > for being internet ugly. You F ucking loser. Looks like Storko says “Nicht” to that.

FoF analyst as of now. It’s a pretty good job. I’m looking to get into non-profit management soon at a non-profit (as opposed to a consultant). Ideally at a university with a decent sized endowment.

eureka, why the interest in asset management at a non-profit?

I am a relationship manager (corporate lender) for the banking wing of a large brokerage firm.

I am a lazy guy who did the CFA Level 2 exam when I registered on AF.

i work on a fixed income trading desk where we actively manage portfolios for HNW clients.

Numi, just couple of things quickly. 1) Working for a non-profit with a specific mission you believe in will make work more rewarding, as opposed to the for-profit model of executing a business plan to make money for anonymous shareholders. 2) I think that when you are responding to only one client (the board) you are better able to focus on investing. Because you have one client, you get to know that client exceedingly well and clearly specify objectives to better meet its needs. This avoids a lot of the marketing headaches you encounter in a fund where many investors are rolled up into a single fund 3) At a university endowment there is the opportunity to collaborate with other academic departments for research and even further education.

Dup

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > storko Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Brian in MA Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I am a shrubber. My name is Roger the > Shrubber. > > > > > I arrange, design and sell shubberies. > > > > > > You have 8 posts, than come into my thread and > > reply with the stupidest thing ever. > > You’re not funny. If I were Chad I would ban > you > > for being internet ugly. You F ucking loser. > > > Looks like Storko says “Nicht” to that. Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I put stickers on fruit. It’s very rewarding. Can you eat as many you want

I run a strip club.

^^is it a treasury strip club?

Business valuation.

Higgmond, where do you practice business valuation?

bchadwick Wrote: > Looks like Storko says “Nicht” to that. HA HA HA HA HA…I crapped my pants laughing to that. storko, you can’t come back to Calgary, the city is very colored now!