Investors Group

Is anyone familiar with this group? Do they have a good reputation (i.e. would it be a good place to start a career)?

they call up anybody and everybody to work for them.

Yes. No.

Consultant avg life expectancy is around a month. If that’s what you’re going for.

If you like having money, no.

seriously, they will hire anybody!

is there anybody that Investors Group *won’t* hire?

judging from all the responses here, Investors Group sounds like a splendid place to build a career

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > judging from all the responses here, Investors > Group sounds like a splendid place to build a > career retail stockbrokers are known for their high rates of attrition, but since IG will take in anyone its even higher then the norm.

i actually got rejected by IG…it was a sad, sad day.

But your spirits were bolstered when you got your current job and added custom suits to the wardrobe. “So there, IG!”

Zactly…I mean now I get the crew grande lattes in my brioni suits and maglis each morning instead of “cold calling” my grandmother everyday to see if she wants to give me an extra $5K for her investment account. My suits now cost $5K…

Ha ha… And doesn’t your office have a view of a rooftop pool or some such? Am I remembering that correctly?

It’s like when I got rejected from the Gap and Andersen Consulting/Accenture in undergrad recruiting. Whew!

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i actually got rejected by IG…it was a sad, sad > day. Turk, I think you should be at Yuck Yuck’s!!! Seriously!

nice work grunt…left that beatiful office in August 2007 and moved a block away. No views of the pool for this summer…now I’m on the top floor of a 15 storey building with a view of a new 70 storey building under construction. I have my own office though…so I’ve officially become a BSD. Still bitter about getting the rejection letter from IG 7 years ago…I couldn’t believe they didn’t want a 20 y/o kid from the east coast of Canada going to a top 200 school.

I just graduated to an office. I like to close my door. Just because I can.

“Turk, I think you should be at Yuck Yuck’s!!! Seriously!” Thanks, I hear those guys flat out get paid…so I’ll think about it.

“I just graduated to an office. I like to close my door. Just because I can.” Yeah, I shut mine whenever I’m about to look at illicit material on the web or perezhilton.com

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Turk, I think you should be at Yuck Yuck’s!!! > Seriously!” > > Thanks, I hear those guys flat out get paid…so > I’ll think about it. You could get tips from drunken middle age stay-at-home moms from the burbs and the countryside who are in the city for their annual “retreat”