Is it OK to start my preparation for L3 from November 2014?

33 Chapters for the 2015 curriculum??? Holy hell. The longest CFAI book is 242 pages, the shortest is 82 pages… the others are around 150… There’s no reason, after going through the very voluminous L2 curriculum, to not be able to read through the curriculum multiple times.

most people i know did a bit more for level 3 than 2, just to get this s**t over with and i suppose a lot of people figure that the competition is better for 3.

I’ve also never heard of anyone (either in person or on here) that has passed levels 2 or 3 with 300 hours, I’m sure there are plenty but i imagine the majority of people that really go for it clock up 400+

IMHO CFA + MBA is fairly redundant (if not in actuality, in perception). Why not a Masters degree in a related field such as Statistics, Economics, Finance, or Applied Math to round it out a bit better?

Because the IB connections are more prevalent at top B schools. And I think that the two are VERY different in scope. General consensus is that MBA/CFA charter complement each other quite well.

Plus: are you trying to say that a masters in finance and the CFA curriculum AREN’T at all redundant?

i started 2 years before the exam

^

lol

True but I think Masters in say Econ + CFA is a more well-rounded combo.

As for the connections, that is also true, but the CFA societies in the major cities are very good at networking and rubbing elbows.

I started at the beginning of December and was glad I did, because I knew that with the holidays, as well as other personal commitments that I knew were going to take a lot of my free time in March, I’d need all the time I could get. Remember that if you find yourself ahead of schedule you can always scale back and instead of doing three hours a day you can go back to one, or whatever.

I hope you break your precious writing hand on the first of June next year for posting this crap one week before results!!!

I too have similar concerns but owing to a different situation altogether

1. I will be taking my FRM Part II Exam on Nov. 15 2014. I presume there is something called Risk Management in CFA Level III. Would be interested in knowing if any one can tell me how much of a help FRM Part II could be in CFA Level III.

2. I ask this as while preparing for my FRM Part I last year around I could see a lot of common and overlap between FRM Part I & CFA Level I & II in particular. Arguably, FRM questions are a tougher lot than any level of the CFA hence my question as to reap any advantage in Level III from the combined experience in FRM.

And the above also suffice to say why I can not dedicate any time to Level III prep. before Nov. 15. At a luxury I could start off by late Nov.

Please guide.

November is too late. The test is in June, that gives you 7 months of studying. With 7 months of studying, you can probably only accumulate 500-600 hours of studying. You will need at least 3 times that to have a shot at passing…

3 times of 500 means 1,500 hrs. thats insane!!

I hope you’re kidding… I’m an arts major, nabbed L1 and L2 with 200-250 hrs each.

I started reading already

My gosh, people are HOPING that I am kidding. Yes, I am kidding, and just to be clear, also mocking all of you newbie level 3 candidates

I recommend a MINIMUM of 10 months of studying. November is way too late. Better wait until 2016 to take the test.

Are you guys going to also ask us if you can take a pi$$?

Only if you allow us to speak without being spoken to, Master-Level 3-results-awaiter. Pardon me for responding to your question. I assumed permission to talk in this coveted forum was implied by you posing a question. Please forigive me if I responded to your sarcastic/rhetorical question out of line. I’ll leave you in peace now so you can vehemently gloat in your self-righteousness and all that fun stuff.

Good…Good…Let the hate flow through you

Can’t wait for the arrogant level 3 result waiters to fail…then you’ll be taking the level 3 with us newbie’s…in 2016, right?