Is it too late to start?

Hi, I’m a recently graduated music major with a solid exposure to finance (my sister’s an accountant). My friends and parents always agreed that I am very intelligent (scored above average on my SAT’s), they were even saying that I should consider skipping LI and just doing LII, given my aptitude. Is this a good idea? That being said, is it still too late to start, I read the first section of ethics on the code and standards and two weeks should be plenty, I figure that’s more than I’ve ever studied for a final, so I should be okay right? Thanks!!!

Yes man! Can you see all this people in the forum? we are just playing poker…

Thanks for the support, I’m glad you guys are having fun, what books should I skip to save time?

“My friends and parents always agreed that I am very intelligent (scored above average on my SAT’s), they were even saying that I should consider skipping LI and just doing LII, given my aptitude. I” you cannot skip levels. This is clearly a prank. C’mon man, stop wasting time

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi, > > I’m a recently graduated music major with a solid > exposure to finance (my sister’s an accountant). > My friends and parents always agreed that I am > very intelligent (scored above average on my > SAT’s), they were even saying that I should > consider skipping LI and just doing LII, given my > aptitude. Is this a good idea? That being said, > is it still too late to start, I read the first > section of ethics on the code and standards and > two weeks should be plenty, I figure that’s more > than I’ve ever studied for a final, so I should be > okay right? Thanks!!! Just because you are asking this questiong…I think your friends and parents are wrong.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “My friends and parents always agreed that I am > very intelligent (scored above average on my > SAT’s), they were even saying that I should > consider skipping LI and just doing LII, given my > aptitude. I” > > > you cannot skip levels. This is clearly a prank. > C’mon man, stop wasting time Who said you cannot skip Levels? I skipped Level 1, you have to write CFAI a letter stating your case, if you have finance Graduate degree and enough work experience they will give you an honorary Level 1 candidacy and you can go straight to level 2.

strange days, please don’t criticise my friends and parents, I came here seeking constructive advice not negativity, and no, there is no prank here, I didn’t think you could skip levels either, I just wanted to check.

I think if you really want to have any shot at passing this thing you need to start focusing on Ethics and FSA (DTL and DTA are confusing). Also everyone keeps telling me that Ethics is the borderline section, so if you ace that and FSA you should have a good shot at moving onto L2 in 2009. I unfortunately do not know the trick to pass this damn test yet. This will be my third try (June 07, December 07, and June 08). I do not even understand it. I was scoring in the mid 70’s on Book 6 and high 60’s on book 7 for both the June and December tests. I would tell you “good luck”, but I am crossing my fingers for myself as I need all the luck I can find.

haha, this is good joke, he’s pulling on us.

Pray.

“Who said you cannot skip Levels? I skipped Level 1, you have to write CFAI a letter stating your case” really? hmmm, sorry – I misspoke then

who do I send this letter to? Do you believe they will let me pass given by background?

Is it that boring on Level II boards?:slight_smile:

Can I get a sample letter to CFAi to request skipping level I. I am in very bad condition. Thanks in advance. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can’t skip levels but I undertsand that CFAI can demote you for being obnoxious to Level I candidates. And geez, you just have to click on your name to get the 700+ posts…

Haha, good one. This is the funniest post I’ve seen all day

pepp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can I get a sample letter to CFAi to request > skipping level I. > > I am in very bad condition. > > Thanks in advance. > > :stuck_out_tongue: You would be smoked if you are in bad shape on LI…

^ Come on Joey, why you got a ruin our fun, I am just getting acquainted with my fellow 2009 L2 Candidates who I will be writing L2 with again in 2009 :wink:

Joey, obnoxious is such a strong word. And map1, I want to hunt you down, I waited like 3 weeks for it to be close enough to post this (you’re LI right), anyhow, we’ll have fun studying for LII together next year after I bomb it in 2 weeks.

flip a coin during the exam and find the answer