is this really a pass???? I CAN'T SEE HOW > 70%

Re: Pass/Fail Borderline - Let’s compare Posted by: nilay (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: January 23, 2008 11:32AM - Alternative Assets 12 * - - - Derivatives 12 * - - - Economics 24 * - - - Equity Analysis 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 68 - * - - Fixed Income Analysis 24 - * - - General Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Analysis 28 - * - and a Pass. Well thats what it say of the website. I keep checking every 20mins to make sure they dont change it. :slight_smile:

bunch of high 60%'s 100% in PM and a few high 40%'s could have done it. That, and throwing the entire stash of borderline’s down the stairs to and see which one lands first.

Sleeping with the grader? No, I am sure that is against ethics somewhere…

you made me laugh, :slight_smile:

amberpower Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sleeping with the grader? > > No, I am sure that is against ethics somewhere… Not if it doesn’t create a conflict of interest…

i am sure exams are computer graded.

Well just pretend they got the max they could’ve with the grades in each of those sections and the best they did was 67.5% I remember figuring this out for a few of the people that passed with somewhat ugly looking grades on the last one and one guy had a max of 62% based on giving them 100 for all the 70-100’s, 70 for all the 50-70 and 50 for the 50 and unders

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > amberpower Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Sleeping with the grader? > > > > No, I am sure that is against ethics > somewhere… > > > Not if it doesn’t create a conflict of interest… you just need to disclose it … look what ethics has done to my sense of humor :)) …

make sure it’s disclosed in writting :wink: we are freaks! Hahaha

And that all parties are in agreement that is okay.

does the agreement have to be oral or written and do both parties have to be notified

Oh man Prometheus, you left that wide open, but I am a lady…

prometheus231 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > does the agreement have to be oral or written > and do both parties have to be notified oral is preferred !!!

you don’t have to get > 70% of 240. you only need to get 70% of the highest score of that year. in the extreme case, if the top score is 100, you need to get 70 correct out of 240 to pass. Normally the top score is around 225-235

I thought they used to do the 70% of top 1 % of scores up until the late 1980’s? Also, is the 225-235 range your estimate, or have you read that somewhere?

And compare that to my Dec’07 score: Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Assets 12 - - * - Derivatives 12 * - - - Economics 24 * - - - Equity Analysis 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - - * - Financial Statement Analysis 68 - * - - Fixed Income Analysis 24 * - - - General Portfolio Management 12 - * - - Quantitative Analysis 28 - * - If i do max points for every range (40%, 70% 100%) i get 165/240 = 68.75% which is more than the above example. n btw , i failed in Dec’07 ;>

Your max is actually 71 if you do it the same way I did for above to get 67.5 50 70 100

That’s right jk, if you apply the same weights to both scores, mine always comes on top. But the truth is that i failed and that person passed, which has to mean that my score was lower.

I wish we could know what the passing score is. I dont know why but it would make me feel better to know

This is mine from December 2007. Level 1: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Assets 12 * - - - Derivatives 12 - * - - Economics 24 * - - - Equity Analysis 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - - * - Financial Statement Analysis 68 - * - - Fixed Income Analysis 24 * - - - General Portfolio Management 12 - * - - Quantitative Analysis 28 - * -