It's On

Got my books yesterday. I couldn’t sleep last night, so I did about 15 pages in Ethics. That cured my insomnia pretty well. Not an auspicious start, but it’s a start.

I didn’t realize there’s now a December date for L3…you are talking about studying for a December exam, aren’t you? Because the June exam is 10 months away, and it would be ludicrous for someone to even crack a book this early in the game. Good luck in December!

It’s the summer- what’s wrong with you people?

That being said I’m not plnning on startng until dec/jan - most likely jan :P…

Zombie71 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s the summer- what’s wrong with you people? What do you mean “you people”?

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Zombie71 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > It’s the summer- what’s wrong with you people? > > > What do you mean “you people”? What do YOU mean “you people”?

Hey, don’t knock the prof. L2 scared the pants off of me, and I’m seriously considering diving into the CFA books when they get here in a couple of days…

Yep, I read about 15 pages on the ferry this morning - straight to book 2 though, I won’t be reading book 1 till the end. Just cruising through to knock a few books off while it is winter here since I want to get some enjoyment out of summer. And I don’t want to repeat L3

“You people” = those that start studying 9 months in advance. You worked hard- now go enjoy life for a little while. Personally I’m starting December 1st. Until then I’m reclaiming my battered social life and treating every weekend like it’s my last.

I know myself, and don’t learn well under time pressure - I work best in small bites. It’s not like I’m working intensely - just 30-90 minutes most days until December. My goal is to have my first read-through done by the end of the year. Then the serious stuff’ll start. Besides - I have trouble getting to sleep, and an hour of CFA material seems to do the trick. It’s as effective as Ambien, and neither physically nor psychologically addictive. By “you people” are you referring to vertically challenged men of Mediterranean background? Are you talkin to me?

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Zombie71 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > It’s the summer- what’s wrong with you > people? > > > > > > What do you mean “you people”? > > > What do YOU mean “you people”? That Ben Stiller preview rings in my mind and I couldn’t stop laughing!

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > > Zombie71 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > > > It’s the summer- what’s wrong with you > people? > > What do you mean “you people”? > What do YOU mean “you people”? I’m the dude who’s playin the dude disguised as another dude.

hahaha awesome movie, too bad some people didn’t get the joke.

ok new L3 guys… no need to start early trust me… I know someone who passed L3 with 3 weeks of studying with no PM background. its no rocket science… just learn how to answer the questions, dont lose urselves in the long text.

I’ve heard Elvis is still alive.

just study at work when you have a break… i will finishing SS5 next week thats the only way of not wasitng personal time (after work) to study for cfa

busprof Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s not > like I’m working intensely - just 30-90 minutes > most days until December. My goal is to have my > first read-through done by the end of the year. Busprof, I’d like to do the same. It might be worth discussing material as we go.

Count me in. I have started reading the text with view to have the first read done by the year-end.

busprof Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Besides - I have trouble getting to sleep, and an > hour of CFA material seems to do the trick. It’s > as effective as Ambien, and neither physically nor > psychologically addictive. > We are here everyday. It can be highly addictive. : )

i am learning to recognise that people are different some need to start early others late. all these go to increase the diversity on the forum just be your self and run at your pace